Adventist Health Castle
|Adventist Health Castle|
|Lua error in Module:Infobox_mapframe at line 118: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Location||Oahu, Hawaii, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in the United States|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Adventist Health Castle is a 160-bed medical center located in Windward Oahu. It provides many services, including: acute care, 24-hour emergency services, outpatient and home care, wellness and lifestyle medicine, chemotherapy clinic, Surgical Weight Loss Institute, Hawaii Muscular Dystrophy Clinic, Joint Care Center, birth center and interventional cardiology.
In 1953, the Windward Community Association began a campaign for a hospital to be established in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii. Dr. Robert Chung, a physician and Mrs. Carolyn Rankin, organizer of a women's auxiliary, were key leaders in the campaign. Ten acres of land were donated for a building site, the community raised $170,000 to fund the project and the Seventh-day Adventist Church donated $600,000. Although support was received from both the Governor's Hospital Advisory Council and the 30th Territorial Legislature, the Board of Health refused to designate the area as a separate hospital zone. Their refusal prevented any federal funds from being available.
Two incidents emphasized the need for a local hospital. The first involved a collapsed roof that injured five men and forced them to travel to Honolulu to receive medical attention. The second involved a five-year-old girl who choked to death on a pill. Doctors agreed that had surgery facilities been closer, the child might have lived. Within months the State Board of Health gave their approval and access to federal funds became available.
On January 16, 1963, Castle Memorial Hospital opened. It was named in honor of Harold Kainalu Long Castle, who donated the land. The $2 million facility opened with 72 beds and 14 bassinets. In 1983, it became known as Castle Medical Center (CMC) due to the growth and success of the outpatient services and programs. CMC joined Adventist Health on January 28, 1973.
In 1986, a decision was made to expand and a $8.7 million renovation was completed in 1989. This renovation expanded operating suites, equipment was updated and the kitchen, lobby, chapel and gift shop was enlarged. The state's first Labor-Delivery-Recovery-Post Partum rooms were also added.
In December 2016 Castle Medical Center bought the Hawaii Loa campus in Windward Oahu from Hawaii Pacific University for $18.65 million. Property records reveal the property value at $8.4 million. In 2017, Castle Medical Center changed its name to Adventist Health Castle.
AdventistHealth Castle is going to build a new medical campus for $438 million. Adventist Health Castle is going to redevelop the 132 acre Hawaii Loa campus over a 15 year period. They are going to be building the regions first cancer center in three phases. Also to be built will be new buildings for outpatient services. And construction will be finished with a new 160 bed hospital. Adventist Health is the largest business in Windward Oahu.
Female staffers at Castle Medical Center mentor girls from Sacred Hearts Academy through Girls Got Grit a PBS Hawaii program.
Castle Medical Center is the 5th Oahu hospital to become part of the Hawaii Cord Blood Bank in collecting umbilical cord blood. Adventist Health Castle has a partnership with Hawaii Pacific University
In the spring of 2018 Adventist Health Castle received a workforce training program from COPE Health Solutions.
Adventist Health Castle won many awards from Healthgrades. It also won an award from the American Heart Association. And other awards. The National Institute of Standards and Technology chose Adventist Health Castle as the winner of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2017. President Donald Trump and Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross gave Adventist Health Castle, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in Baltimore, on April 8, 2018. Adventist Health Castle is the first hospital in Hawaii, and the first from Adventist Health to be given the award from the President of the United States.
In August 2018 Adventist Health Castle started its 24/7 incident command center, because of Hurrucane Lane.
Other articles of the topics Seventh-day Adventist Church AND Medicine : Adventist Health Hanford
Other articles of the topic Seventh-day Adventist Church : Adventist Health Hanford
Other articles of the topic Medicine : Electroftalm, Pattie W. Van Hook, Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, AdventHealth Sebring, Aizawl Adventist Hospital, AdventHealth Lake Placid, Adventist Health Selma
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of Seventh-day Adventist hospitals
- Adventist Health Castle PracticeLink 25 Retrieved May 30, 2019
- Our History
- Castle Medical Center to buy HPU's Windward campus Honolulu Star-Advertiser Retrieved May 28, 2019
- UPDATED:Castle Medical Center paid $18.6 M for Hawaii Pacific University's windward campus Pacific Business News Retrieved May 28, 2019
- Castle Medical Center finalizes purchase of the Hawaii Pacific University Windward Campus for future expansion and services Hawaii News Now Retrieved May 29, 2019
- Castle Medical Center undergoes big changes, including name change Hawaii News Now Retrieved May 29, 2019
- Adventist Health Castle is expanding Windward Oahu Hawaii News Now Retrieved May 28, 2019
- Adventist Health Castle expansion to cost $438 M Honolulu Star-Advertiser Retrieved May 29, 2019
- Adventist Health Castle project would start with cancer center for Windward Oahu Pacific Business News Retrieved May 28, 2019
- HIKI NŌ Episode # 915: Girls Got Grit and other stories PBS Hawaii Retrieved May 29, 2019
- Castle Medical Center Celebrates Their 1st Transplant Hawaii Cord Blood Bank Retrieved May 29, 2019
- Partnerships Hawaii Pacific University Retrieved May 28, 2019
- COPE Health Solutions Expands Workforce Training Program in Hawaii Los Angeles Business Journal Retrieved May 29, 2019
- Castle Medical Center wins prestigious quality award State of Reform Retrieved May 28, 2019
- Adventist Health Castle:Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 2017 Award Recipient, Health Care National Institute of Standards and Technology U. S. Department of Commerce Retrieved May 28, 2019
- House of Representatives State of Hawaii Twenty-Ninth State Legislature Regular Session, 2018 House of Representatives State of Hawaii Retrieved May 28, 2019
- President Donald Trump Presents National Award to Adventist Health One News Retrieved May 29, 2019
- President Donald Trump Presents National Award to Adventist Health EconoTimes Retrieved June 5, 2019
- Hospitals prepare for surge in patients as Lane bears done on state Hawaii News Now Retrieved May 29, 2019
This article "Adventist Health Castle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Adventist Health Castle. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.