Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|No. of offices||4|
|No. of lawyers||65|
|Key people||Theophilus Emuwa|
Lawrence Fubara Anga
Aelex Partners (which operates as Aelex Legal Practitioners & Arbitrators or referred to simply as ǼLEX) is a full-service law firm headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with other offices in Port Harcourt and Abuja in Nigeria as well as an office in the central business district of Accra, Ghana. The firm was named as "Nigeria's Leading Firm" by Who's Who Legal in 2009, 2011 and 2015. The firm is noted for facilitating the acquisition of Chi Nigeria Limited's equity stake, by The Coca-Cola Company, as well as its work in intellectual property, dispute resolution, mergers and acquisitions and tax law.
In 2004, Aelex was founded through the merger of the practice of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and three other commercial law firms in Nigeria, namely; O. Adekoya & Co., Victor & Charles, Anga & Emuwa and Adegbite Adeniji & Co.
AELEX Public Lecture
Since 2005, Aelex, has held yearly lectures on topical legal/political issues facing Nigeria in general. Some of the more notable lectures organized by the firm include:
- "Unlocking DFI Funding for the Private Sector" (2019)
- "Schooling without Learning" (2017)
- “Making States Work” (2016)
- “In God’s Name: Politics, Religion and Economic Development” (2014)
- “This House Must Not Fall: Constitutional Reform and The People’s Will” (2013)
Rankings and awards
In 2014, one of the partners of the firm, Soji Awogbade, was elected as a council member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Section on Business Law (SBL). Aelex has been ranked as a "Leading Firm" in Chambers Global for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013.
In 2019 and 2020, the global market assessor, The Legal 500 ranked Aelex as "Tier 1" in four practice areas, namely; dispute resolution, energy and natural resources, shipping and transport, and corporate/commercial mergers and acquisitions, in its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) 2020 rankings. Partners in the firm, were also given high recommendations in the report.
- "Ten amazing women inspiring others to dream". The Vanguard Newspaper.
- "Aelex offers tips on intellectual property protection". The Punch Newspaper.
- "Nigeria Full-Service Commercial and Litigation Law Firm: Aelex".
- "Gas Should be Given Equal Prominence With Oil to Ensure Growth in the Sector". Thisday Newspaper.
- "AELEX wins Who's Who legal award". Vanguard Newspaper.
- "AELEX, Partners, ranked leaders in Nigerian Legal Market by Int'l legal guides". Business Day Newspaper.
- "ALEX Facilitated Acquisition of CHI's Equity Stake by Coca-Cola, Says Firm". ThisDay Newspaper.
- "AELEX > THE LEGAL 500 RANKINGS". Legal500.com.
- "ǼLEX - Aelex". hg.org.
- "Aelex to hold lecture on Constitutional Reform and People's Will". Vanguard Newspaper.
- "AELEX sensitises private sector on DFIs' funds". Business Day.
- "AELEX moves for reform in Nigeria's educational sector". Business Day.
- "Again, lawyers examine standard of legal education in Nigeria". Daily Trust Newspaper.
- "Donald Duke, Peter Obi, Odinkalu, Others for 2016 AELEX Annual Lecture". omojuwa.com.
- "Eminent Nigerians chart part to state viability at Aelex lecture". The Guardian Newspaper.
- "Obi, Duke, Others Proffer Solutions On State Governance". The Nigerian Voice Newspaper.
- "NBA Section Elects New Officers". Nigerian Bar Association.
- "ǼLEX Firm Profile". Chambers and Partners Global.
- "Funke Adekoya wins 2019 African legal award". Legit.NG.
- "Nigeria wins Africa legal industry services award". The Guardian Newspaper.
- "Nigerian firm retains top global legal ranking". The Guardian Nigeria.
- "Aelex retains top in Legal 500 law firm in 2019". The Guardian Nigeria.
This article "Aelex Partners" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aelex Partners. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.