AirTreks International, LLC
|Headquarters 🏙️||San Francisco|
Area served 🗺️
|Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, The United States, Canada, South Africa, Asia, Central Europe, South America|
|Products 📟||Multi-stop international air travel|
Number of employees
|approx 45 (2011)|
AirTreks is a travel agency that sells complex airfare online. Their proprietary online software, Indie, is the only round-the-world ticket software able to book multiple-carrier options unlimited by airline geography. Multi-stop international journeys are customized for individuals, groups of travelers and companies including National Geographic, Remote Year, and Intrepid to reflect the customer's preferences for airlines, routes, and fares. AirTreks is different from other airline ticketing websites in that it only sells international multi-stop itineraries of 3 legs or more in at least two countries. AirTreks does not sell tickets for itineraries that do not meet their complexity requirements.
AirTreks is an International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATA) accredited agency and a Better Business Bureau member.  AirTreks customers receive tickets, as well as follow-up and support services for any itinerary changes in-house rather than from the specific airlines used for each segment of their trip.
AirTreks was founded as High Adventure Travel by brothers Jim and Joe Pillar in 1987. The company originally lead trekking tours to the Himalayas.
AirTreks sourced tickets from multiple consolidators around the world and direct airline agreements. By the end of its first year under its new nomenclature, the company rolled out the first version of a multi-stop trip planner or fare builder called ”TripDesigner” that allowed users to construct their own trips online and get an estimated price range before finalizing their booking with an agent.
Since December 2013, AirTreks has been operated as a subsidiary of BootsnAll Travel Network, LLC after it was acquired by BootsnAll CEO, Sean Keener. AirTreks uses BootsnAll's proprietary Indie engine as the framework for the TripPlanner online booking tool.
- Orchestrator, Melissa Pangkey Experience; Traveler; Producer; Entrepreneur (24 April 2015). "Finding Cheap Flights 101". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Dizik, Alina. "Yes, you really can afford a round-the-world trip". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Independent Travel Guide BootsnAll Buys AirTreks Travel Agency". 6 December 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Boston.Com: How Do I Plan A Trip Around The World?".
- Yamada-Hosley, Heather. "AirTreks Helps You Plan and Book Your Entire Around the World Vacation". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "New York Times: 30 Days RTW".
- http://www.fodors.com/news/vacation-bliss-3369. Missing or empty
- "Get To Know AirTreks". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "BBB - Airtreks International LLC". BBB. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Vagabond, Minh Chau; blogger; photographer (28 March 2013). "How to Plan Your Next Great Adventure - Part 1 of 2". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB984591328466882524. Missing or empty
- "Airtreks, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Stocks". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB941654138422411964. Missing or empty
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/how-to-plan-a-trip-around-the-world/2016/04/25/190c8f80-f5d4-11e5-a3ce-f06b5ba21f33_story.html. Missing or empty
- "TripDesigner.AirFares.AirTreks". 4 March 2000. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- https://www.thestar.com/life/2007/03/03/around_the_world_on_1800.html. Missing or empty
- "Long term travel consolidation: BootsnAll buys AirTreks - Tnooz". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "The Practical Nomad blog: Under new management: BootsnAll acquires Airtreks.com". Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "AirTreks and BootsnAll Announce..." 5 December 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
This article "AirTreks" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.