|Born||19 July 2001|
|Formula Renault Eurocup career|
|Current team||R-ace GP|
|Former teams||Tech 1 Racing|
|Best finish||12th in 2018|
|Formula Renault NEC|
F4 Spanish Championship
SMP F4 Championship
Born on the Russian island of Sakhalin, Smolyar began karting in the 2007 EASYKART class, at age of six. In 2015, following his victory in the Russian Karting championship, Smolyar received backing from the SMP Racing program, competing in Europe the following year where he scored victory in the OK category of the WSK Night Edition.
In 2017, Smolyar graduated to single-seaters, competing with SMP's F4 outfits in the SMP and Spanish championships. Despite not achieving victory in any of the SMP F4 races, two pole positions, eleven podiums and a string of consistent performances saw Smolyar finish third in the championship. In the Spanish championship, Smolyar achieved eight wins and finished runner-up to Christian Lundgaard.
In 2018, Smolyar stepped up to the championship with Tech 1 Racing. There he finished twelfth in the overall standings, with a highest placed finish of fourth in the second race at Monza. The following season, Smolyar switched to team champions R-ace GP. Currently, in 2019, he scored five podiums: three second places at Silverstone, Monaco, and Circuit Paul Ricard, and scored two victories at Monza, and Monaco. He losing only 13 points to leader and his teammate Victor Martins and just ahead of Oscar Piastri and Lorenzo Colombo.
|2017||F4 Spanish Championship||SMP Racing||20||8||5||3||13||294||2nd|
|SMP F4 Championship||21||0||2||3||11||217||3rd|
|2018||Formula Renault Eurocup||Tech 1 Racing||20||0||0||0||0||57||12th|
|Formula Renault NEC||10||0||0||0||0||18||17th‡|
|2019||Formula Renault Eurocup||R-ace GP||6||2||2||2||4||86||2nd*|
‡ Smolyar was ineligible for points from the third round onwards. * Season still in progress.
- "SMP F4 NEZ Championship - Alexander Smolyar". Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Suttill, Josh (April 11, 2019). "Scout Report: Alexander Smolyar". FormulaScout. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "ALEXANDER SMOLYAR, RUSSIAN ROCKET". June 10, 2017. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "F4 ESPAÑA REVELA SUS PILOTOS 2017! (Spanish F4 reveals its 2017 drivers!)". June 21, 2017. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "COMPLETE SUCCESS FOR LUNDGAARD IN MOSCOW DAY 1". July 14, 2017. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Wood, Elliot (September 24, 2017). "Alexander Smolyar takes Spanish F4 hat-trick at Jerez". FormulaScout. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Waring, Bethonie (November 12, 2017). "Christian Lundgaard seals Spanish F4 title with victory in final race". FormulaScout. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Moreno, Guillermo (February 14, 2018). "SMP RACING ANNOUNCES TWO DRIVERS FOR EUROCUP FR 2.0". FormulaRapida.net. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "Tech 1 Racing back in the mix at Monza". April 24, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Williams-Smith, Jake (February 11, 2019). "SMP's Alexander Smolyar switches to R-ace GP in Formula Renault Eurocup". FormulaScout. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Aleksandr Smolyar career summary at DriverDB.com
This article "Aleksandr Smolyar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aleksandr Smolyar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.