|🏳️ Citizenship||United States|
|🏫 Education||L.L.M. Master of Laws|
B.A. International Relations
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Leicester School of Law|
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Allen Shofe is an American business executive and partner at the lobbying firm of Milne, Wiener & Shofe Global Strategies. He is a contributor to the Security and Defence Agenda (security and defense stakeholders among the European Union, NATO, and foreign governments); and was a delegate to the 2008 international meeting of the United Nations Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and their Destruction.
In 2018, Shofe teamed with John Milne and Jeff Wiener to form a bi-partisan consulting firm, Washington DC-based Milne, Wiener & Shofe Global Strategies. The firm counts Emergent BioSolutions, the American Postal Workers Union, Preservation Technologies and the American Suntanning Association among its clients.
Shofe formerly worked for Emergent Biosolutions where he specialized in government, public and corporate affairs. He was promoted four times between 2005 and 2013. His concluding position was Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs. In 2010, Emergent appointed Shofe to serve as the Company Director of Emergent Product Development UK Limited.
The following table provides a sample of public policy issues and government programs for which Allen Shofe has advocated.
|Issue||What it does (or would do)||Lobbying actions||Issue resources|
|Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)||BARDA is the legal authority given to the U.S. government to develop and purchase vaccines, drugs and other tools for public health emergencies.||Supported passage||U.S. law giving legal authority for BARDA (42 U.S. Code § 247d–7e - Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority) provided by the Cornell University Law School|
|Emergency authorization to suspend the "transatlantic licensing system"||An emergency authorization would have suspended a system of complex regulations that made it difficult for European nations to purchase bioterrrism countermeasures from the United States.||Proposed and advocated emergency authorization and public-private partnersipss to address issue||The "Raising Biopreparedness Levels in Europe" 2009 report published by the Security & Defence Agenda|
|Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act (PAHPRA)||PAHPRA was legislation reauthorized the BARDA and Project BioShield programs.||Supported passage||Bill summary from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Full text of final law (Public Law 113–5) from the U.S. Government Printing Office
Summary and links to resources provided by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
|Project BioShield||The Project Bioshield Act was an act passed by the United States Congress in 2004 calling for $5 billion for purchasing vaccines that would be used in the event of a bioterrorist attack.||Supported passage||Description of the original Project BioShield law passed in 2004 provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services|
Shofe served on Capitol Hill in Washington from 2001 to 2002 as Chief of Staff to Congressman Gil Gutknecht, a U.S. representative who served in Congress from 1995 to 2006 representing Minnesota’s 1st congressional district. Shofe also worked on the staff of Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson, and as campaign director for the Minnesota Republican Senate Caucus and Republican Party.
Shofe served as senior advisor to former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman when Huntsman ran for President in 2012. Roll Call wrote that Shofe "would handle Member[lower-alpha 1] relations for Huntsman if he runs." Shofe served on the host committee for a Huntsman fundraiser in Washington, D.C. in 2011.
Shofe serves as Vice President of the International Security & Biopolicy Institute. The Institute, founded in 2009, is a not-for-profit, non-partisan Washington DC organization focused on addressing the challenges and opportunities of emerging bioscience from a global perspective.[lower-alpha 2] Shofe is also a member of Business Executives for National Security. Its role is to support the U.S. government by applying best business practice solutions to its most difficult national security problems.
Shofe serves on the Board of Directors of the Opera Lafayette in Washington, D.C.[lower-alpha 3] He is also on the Board of Trustees of the El Hibri Foundation, a group that funds grants that incubate or develop new ideas and supports orphans in the Middle East, particularly in Lebanon. In 2013, the MdBio Foundation[lower-alpha 4] appointed Shofe to its board of directors.
- In this context, "Member" refers to Members of Congress
- ISBI’s mission is to bring together government officials, private sector entities, academic experts, and NGOs in an open and sophisticated intellectual process for initiating policies and strengthening institutional capabilities to address current and future challenges at the frontier of scientific advance.
- Opera Lafayette performs at the Kennedy Center and focuses on French operas from the 17th-18th centuries.
- The MdBio Foundation is a nonprofit organization that advocates for "bioscience awareness" and education
- "Corporate Governance". Emergent BioSolutions corporate website. Emergent BioSolutions. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Allen Shofe's Education". Allen Shofe LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "MdBio Foundation Names New Board Members; Executives from BroadOak Capital Partners, Cardiocore and Emergent BioSolutions Join 15 Member Board" (Press release). Business Wire. Nexis. 17 June 2013.
- "Corporate Governance - Management Team | Emergent". Emergent. Rockville, Maryland: Emergent BioSolutions Inc. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "About Us" Archived 2014-03-16 at the Wayback Machine. Security & Defence Agenda. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "SDA Biopreparedness Report" Archived 2010-04-14 at the Wayback Machine. Security & Defence Agenda. (December 2009). Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "MEETING OF THE STATES PARTIES TO THE CONVENTION ON THE PROHIBITION OF THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND STOCKPILING OF BACTERIOLOGICAL (BIOLOGICAL) AND TOXIN WEAPONS AND ON THEIR DESTRUCTION" (PDF). Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC). Yorkshire, U.K.: University of Bradford. p. 38.
- Gaudiano, Nicole (23 September 2013). "Harris' criticism of bio-defense company could help cam-paign donor". Gannett Washington Bureau. Nexis.
- Levine, Marianne (9 May 2018). "Invariant adds Republican legislative director". POLITICO. Arlington VA: Politico LLC.
- Tinder, Paul (22 March 2013). "Emergent BioSolutions promotes Shofe to executive vice president of corporate affairs". BioPrepWatch. Chicago, Illinois. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Allen Mark Shofe (Emergent Product Development Uk Limited) - Director Profile". FindTheBest United Kingdom. Santa Barbara, California: FindTheBest. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)". MedicalCountermeasures.gov. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Archived from the original on 8 May 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Senate Follows House and Votes to Reauthorize BARDA". BioWorld Today. AHC Media LLC. Nexis. 4 March 2013.
- "Regional biodefense stockpiles could aid Europe in event of bioattack". Homeland Security News Wire. Mineola, New York: News Wire Publications, LLC. 16 December 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "President Bush Signs Project Bioshield Act of 2004". The George W. Bush White House Archives. National Archives and Records Administration. 21 July 2004. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Corporate Governance - Biography". Emergent. Rockville, Maryland: Emergent Biosolutions. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Gilbert "Gil" Gutknecht, former U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 1st Congressional District - GovTrack.us". GovTrack.us: Tracking the U.S. Congress. Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "People: Allen Shofe". El-Hibri Foundation. Washington, D.C. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Drucker, David M. (8 March 2011). "Huntsman Is 'Not Considered a Conservative'". Roll Call. Nexis.
- "Huntsman Set To Make Third Visit To New Hampshire In Less Than A Month". The Frontrunner. Bulletin News Network, Inc. Nexis. 8 June 2011.
- "Officers and Board Members". International Security & Biopolicy Institute. Washington, D.C. Archived from the original on 2009-11-14. Retrieved 18 August 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Washington D.C. Metro Member List". Business Executives for National Security. Washington, D.C. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Board & Staff". Opera Lafayette. Washington, D.C. Archived from the original on 2012-11-12. Retrieved 18 August 2014. Unknown parameter
- "People: Allen Shofe". El-Hibri Foundationlocation=Washington, D.C.
- "Emergent BioSolutions EVP Corporate Affairs Allen Shofe Appointed to MdBio Foundation Board of Directors". Yahoo! Finance. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Donald R. Joseph named chief legal officer at KaloBios". Fierce Biotech. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
Other articles of the topic Biology : Fossil Taxon, Cacticalia, Detecting Earth from distant star-based systems, James "Jim" Bradley, AIM-HIGH trial
Other articles of the topic Technology : Sidetrade, Mel Sampat, Technology, NexTech AR Solutions Corp., Foyr.com, Vconsol, Emtech Computer Co LLC
Other articles of the topic Politics : Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Joe A. Guerra, Liberal Party (Armenia), Marshall Islands–Turkey relations, James L. Cathey Jr., Burkina Faso–Spain relations, W. Ray Scott
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: 2001 Anthrax Attacks|
This article "Allen Shofe" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Allen Shofe. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.