Alliance to Support Islam
|Alliance to Support Islam|
Hilf Nusrat IslamParticipant in the Syrian Civil War
|Area of operations||Syria|
|Battles and war(s)||Syrian Civil War|
The Alliance to Support Islam is an alliance between the Al-Qaeda affiliates Guardians of Religion Organization and Ansar al-Tawhid, two groups that operate in Syria. The group is strongly loyal to Ayman al-Zawahiri, who rejected Joulani as their leader and the transformation of al-Qaeda in Syria into HTS. It is led by Abu Humam al-Shami. It is thought that the group has about 2,000-3,000 active fighters.[better source needed]
- List of armed groups in the Syrian Civil War
- "In the bottleneck… Changes that are reshaping the face of Idlib". Enab Baladi. 10 May 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "A New Branch of Al-Qaeda Emerges in Syria". Kyle Orton's Blog. 1 March 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- Thomas Joscelyn (14 August 2018). "UN: Iran-based leaders 'have grown more prominent' in al Qaeda's global network". The Long War Journal. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- Tore Refslund Hamming; Pieter Van Ostaeyen (8 April 2018). "The True Story of al-Qaeda's Demise and Resurgence in Syria". Lawfare Blog. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "Syrian War Daily 28 February 2018". Syrian War Daily. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
This article "Alliance to Support Islam" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alliance to Support Islam. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.