|File:Amitriyaan Patil - Profile.jpg |
|📆 Years active||2010–present|
|playing Vishnu in Atkan Chatkan and Vikram Rajwade in Rajwade and Sons|
|Notable work||Atkan Chatkan, Tandoor (web series), Peshawar (web series)|
Amit Riyaan is an Indian actor. He is known for his versatile range of the characters he has played and is best acknowledged for his impactful performances in Atkan Chatkan, Tandoor and Rajwade and Sons.
After completing his graduation in engineering in Polymer technology, he opted for a post graduation diploma in Advertising & Marketing instead of going for an engineering job . Later he worked as a copywriter at an ad agency and simultaneously started doing theatre for the next few years. Apart from acting, he plays the guitar well and also composes poems and songs. As an actor, he considers Johnny Depp, Sanjeev Kumar and Irrfan Khan as his inspirations. He started his career in acting by playing a small role of Laxman in ram-leela in the movie Delhi 6 (directed by Rakesh Omprakash Mehra) and as a drug seller in the offbeat movie Barah Aana, starring Naseeruddin Shah.
In 2009, noted[by whom?] director Sangeeth Sivan was looking for a new actor for his experimental film 332 Mumbai to India, Amit Riyaan had auditioned for a small character role for that film but when he was given a chance to audition for the main lead role the next week, he proved his worth[peacock term]. He was tested eight times in a span of one month for that role as it was an intense role of a Bihari man contrary to Amitriyaan, who belongs to remote Maharashtra. Later, his performance in the Marathi film Manyaa the Wonder Boy earned him an award at the Dadasaheb Phalke Marathi Film Festival for the Best Male Debut. His other film (made by Ram Gopal Varma), Satya 2, was released in November 2013 and his natural acting was appreciated by the audience as well as the critics. Amit Riyaan has also worked in the South Indian film industry with movies like Naanthanda (directed by Ram Gopal Varma).
Amitriyaan's fourth film in a major role and his second film in the Marathi language was the cult classic Rajwade and Sons ( produced by Atul Kulkarni ). In this movie, he played the pivotal character of Vikram Rajwade which turned out to be a major hit. His other film was a light-hearted comedy with a social message, named Boyz 2. This time he played the central role of a strict no-nonsense school teacher who has his principles which he imposes on everyone around. The film was a big hit all over and his work was again admired by critics for his mature performance. His next film Aasud, based on farmers' issues, was critically applauded and he was nominated as the best actor at multiple award events. This film is soon going to be released in Telugu as well as Tamil.
Recently, AR Rahman and Zee5 teamed up for his Hindi film Atkan Chatkan in which he played the main role of a street musician. He lost eight kilos of weight to fit into the role and especially learned to play pakhawaj for his character. Apart from films, he has also worked in two Hindi web series for Voot. One is Peshawar, where he played a parallel antagonist who is a psycho terrorist from Pakistan. The second one is Tandoor based on the infamous real-life murder mystery of the 90s, directed by Nivedita Basu.
|2015||Rajwade and Sons||Marathi||Vikram Rajwade|
|2020||Atkan Chatkan||Hindi||Vishnu Anna|
- List of Indian Film Actors
- "Amit Riyaan not Keen on Abs, but Character-Oriented Roles". Odisha News Insight. 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Amitriyaan: I love the way Ayushmann Khurana or Pankaj Tripathi have made a way into people's hearts - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- Tungekar, Samreen (2013-11-12). "Satya 2 Movie Review". BollySpice.com - The latest movies, interviews in Bollywood. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- Hungama, Bollywood (2013-10-16). "Award-winning Marathi actor debuts in Satya 2 : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Amitriyaan: After 'Satya 2' I did not want to do similar roles - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Atul, Sachin team up for first time - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "अभिनेता अमित्रियान पाटीलच्या भूमिकेला रसिकांची पसंती". lokmat.com (in मराठी). 2019-02-14. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Atkan Chatkan trailer: A R Rahman and Sivamani join forces for inspirational film". The Indian Express. 2020-09-02. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- Sharma, Anjali. "Watch Peshawar New Web Series On Ullu App Cast Release Date Reviews". Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "तंदूर में रश्मि देसाई संग जमी केमिस्ट्री, एक्टर अमित्रियान ने बताया कैसे मिला रोल". आज तक (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Tandoor Twitter review: Fans praise Rashami Desai and Tanuj Virwani's sizzling chemistry and performances; call it 'a must-watch'". Bollywood Life. 2021-07-24. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Tandoor Director, Nivedita Basu: I Am Nervous And Excited". 2021-07-23. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
This article "Amit Riyaan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Amit Riyaan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.