Andy Panda's Pop
|Andy Panda's Pop|
|Directed by||Alex Lovy|
|Produced by||Walter Lantz|
|Story by||Ben Hardaway|
|Music by||Darrell Calker|
|Animation by||Alex Lovy|
|Backgrounds by||Ed Kiechle|
Walter Lantz Productions
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Search Andy Panda's Pop on Amazon.
Andy Panda's Pop is a 1941 animated cartoon short subject. Released theatrically on July 28, 1941, the film was directed by Alex Lovy.
Andrew P. Panda, Sr. (Andy's pop, voiced by Dick Nelson in voice style of W. C. Fields) asks the roofing company (voiced by Mel Blanc in voice style of Edgar Kennedy) if it will repair his shoddy roof. He is quickly turned off by the exorbitant price (two hundred dollars) and determines, "I'll fix it myself!" Naturally, Andrew isn't the most skilled of workers, but does his best anyway. The ladder collapses, so Andrew tries hurling rolls of roofing paper. However, the flying paper snatches him to the roof. His best turns to his worst when an annoying pelican distracts him by making the roof his new home. Andrew angrily tries to rid himself of the feathered pest (who just wants to mind his own business) and destroys the roof more than ever in the process. Furious, Andrew falls through the skylight, landing (conveniently) near the telephone. Admitting defeat, he again calls the roofing company, only to be irately told, "FIX IT YOURSELF!!!"
- By this time, Poppa Panda had become such a success that Walter Lantz decided to have him star in his own cartoon. It should be noted that Andy Panda himself does not appear here at all. his mother does make a cameo appearance, however.
- Maltin, Leonard; Beck, Jerry (1987). Of Mice and Magic: A History of American Animated Cartoons. New American Library. p. 398. ISBN 978-0-452-25993-5. Search this book on
- Webb, Graham (2000). The Animated Film Encyclopedia: A Complete Guide to American Shorts, Features, and Sequences, 1900-1979. McFarland. p. 21. ISBN 978-0-7864-0728-6. Search this book on
- "Edgar Kennedy In Cartoons". cartoonresearch.com. 31 August 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- Cooke, Jon, Komorowski, Thad, Shakarian, Pietro, and Tatay, Jack. "1941". The Walter Lantz Cartune Encyclopedia.
This article "Andy Panda's Pop" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Andy Panda's Pop. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.