Ann White is a Christian author, speaker and founder of Courage For Life Ministry, a 501 C3 global non-profit Christian organization dedicated to encouraging people with the life-changing power of the Bible.
Biography[edit | edit source]
As a Bible study teacher at First Baptist Church in Woodstock, Georgia, White made the choice to address the issues that were plaguing her life and marriage. She shares her journey that eventually led to her pursuit of ministry in her book 7 Steps to Courage. White founded Courage for Life Ministry in August 2014 out of a desire to help others experience the same breakthrough she had had in her own life and marriage through her study of the Bible and practice of Christianity. The principles described in her book Courage for Life helped White strengthen her rocky marriage, but also provide others who are struggling practical ways to restore relationships of their own. Courage for Life reaches others through local and international missions, speaking engagements, television programming, and the offering of digital, print, and audio resources.
In White’s latest book “Courage For Life: Discover a Life Full of Confidence, Hope and Opportunity,” published on January 23, 2018, she shares her personal journey of walking away from "‘a life steeped in dysfunction to a life restored in God’s grace'. She describes this journey in her lines, “God knows when our hearts are breaking. He knows the fear-based choices we make create open wounds that never seem to heal. But when we seek to please the Lord in all areas of our life, His desires will become the desires of our own heart. The Bible says, ‘Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart’ (Psalm 37:4). It is time to stop making fear-based choices and instead to live a life of courage.”
White works especially close with at-risk women in the United States to help them heal from their past. She also works in partnership with local churches in South Asia. White published an eight-week curriculum based on her book, "Courage For Life," to help women to overcome the scars of physical and emotional abuse. White's passion for helping women also continues with her Courage for Life Bible Project, the first female-voiced audio Bible to connect with women in a non-threatening way, crucial for women who have experienced past abuse.
White is also well-known in the Atlanta area as co-host of the television talk show, Atlanta Live.
Books[edit | edit source]
7 Steps to Courage (2016)
Courage for Life (2017)
Courage for Life Study Guide (2017)
Courage for My Life: At-Risk Women's Version (2017)
Personal Life and Education[edit | edit source]
She is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. White is a wife to Mike, mother, and grandmother, and currently resides in Belleair Shores, Florida.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Ann White | Serve Literary & Media". Serve Literary & Media. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "About Courage For Life – Courage For Life". courageforlife.org. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Ann White's '7 Steps to Courage' Offers Help Overcoming Obstacles". Sonoma Christian Home. 2016-05-23. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Ann White: Courage for Life, Discover A Life Full of Confidence, Hope and Opportunity". Bill Martinez Live. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Find the COURAGE to Save Your Marriage | Jim Daly". Jim Daly. 2018-04-26. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Taking Courageous Steps to Save Your Marriage (Part 2 of 2)". Focus on the Family. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Speaking". Courage for Life. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Resources". Courage for Life. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Bookstore". Courage for Life. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Fear of Death Behind Most Other Major Fears - Ann White, Author". Together LA. 2018-01-26. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Women at Risk – Our Local Focus". Courage for Life. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Missions – Courage For Life". courageforlife.org. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- Lusinski, Natalia. "9 Ways To Attract "The One" Into Your Life, According To Religious Leaders". Bustle. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Courage For Life Bible Project". Courage for Life. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Ann White – Author, TV Host". Faith Flix. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "7 Steps to Courage, a book by Ann White". 7 Steps to Courage. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Courage For Life – Courage For Life". courageforlife.org. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Courage For Life Study Guide - Ann White". Ann White. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Courage For My Life – Courage For Life". courageforlife.org. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Ann White – Courage For Life". courageforlife.org. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
This article "Ann White" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ann White. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.