Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Subsidiary of Internet Brands|
|Founded||July 19, 2000|
El Segundo, CA
ApartmentRatings.com is an online user generated database of information about apartment buildings in the United States.
ApartmentRatings was founded in July 2000 by Jeremy and Katie Bencken in Austin, Texas. The site was developed to provide transparency into the quality of apartment life, and claims to be an unbiased resource because it does not accept advertising from apartment building managers, owners, or corporations. Anyone can respond to a review for free. It does, however, charge a fee to any property manager that wishes to respond to the reviews written about it as the Verified Manager of that property.
ApartmentRatings was acquired by Internet Brands in 2007.
ApartmentRatings maintains a database of tenant-generated reviews of apartment buildings. According to its homepage, the site contains 2.6 million reviews of apartments and apartment complexes as of May 2018. In addition to reviews, the site features a database of building features, user ratings, and a database of tenant-reported average rental prices called "What the Neighbors Pay."
The site also has a Google Maps-based registered sex offender database, and a question-and-answer feature that allows apartment hunters to ask questions about particular apartment buildings they are interested in, and have their questions answered by apartment renters currently living in the building in question.
- "ApartmentRating.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-07-01.
- ApartmentRatings.com. "About ApartmentRatings.com".
- ApartmentRatings.com Manager Center Signup Page
- SoCalTECH.com. "Internet Brands Acquires ApartmentRatings.com".
- Downey, Kirstin (October 14, 2006). "Everyone's a Critic". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 25, 2010.
- Cohen, Joyce (April 27, 2008). "Luck Over Lists". The New York Times. Retrieved April 25, 2010.
- Colorado Springs Gazette. "Web site offers map to locate sex felons near apartment units". Archived from the original on March 1, 2009.
- RentalAdBlog. "ApartmentRatings.com adds Discussion Forums". Archived from the original on February 8, 2009.
This article "Apartment Ratings" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Apartment Ratings. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.