Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
AquilaOS v0.0.1a running Lua 5.3.4
|Written in||C, assembly|
|Kernel type||Monolithic kernel|
AquilaOS is a Unix-like operating system designed to be fully POSIX compliant. It consists of a monolithic kernel and a set of user tools/utilities. AquilaOS is built mainly for learning and hence the code base is simple, however future proofing is highly anticipated in the design and most parts are made as transparent/architecture-agnostic as possible.
Design and Features
AquilaOS is mostly written in C with a few assembly parts when absolutely needed. It contains a kernel and a system. The following features are currently supported:
- Multitasking and Multi-threading using POSIX threads
- Sessions, process groups and job control
- Virtual file system (VFS) with support for initramfs, tmpfs, devfs, devpts, procfs and ext2
- Devices subsystem (KDev) using devices files with major/minor numbers
- Memory management subsystem (with demand paging and copy-on-write)
- Framebuffer based terminal (with wallpaper)
- AqBox: several UNIX utilities in one binary. (similar to BusyBox)
|This operating-system-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "AquilaOS" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:AquilaOS. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.