|Directed by||Arvind Kamath|
|Produced by||Arvind Kamath|
|Screenplay by||Arvind Kamath|
|Music by||Udit Haritas|
Arishadvargais a neo noir mystery thriller film written, produced and directed by Arvind Kamath  under the banner Kanasu Talkies. The film is a tale of lust, anger, love, greed, power, jealousy, mistaken identity and individual deficiencies. It’s a fatalistic noir of one man’s vain struggle to escape his own limitations, unfortunately, an impossibility in the world of noir. The film stars Avinash, Samyukta Hornad, Nandagopal, Anju Alva Naik, Gopalkrishna Deshpande, Arvind Kuplikar, Sudha Belavadi, Sathya Hornad and Sreepathy Manjanbail in prominent roles. The film had its world premiere at London Indian Film Festival     during June 2019, where it received positive reviews., followed by the Asian Premiere at Singapore South Asian International film festival during Sep 2019 and North American Premiere at the Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival during Nov 2019.
Set in present-day Bangalore, an aspiring actor doubling as an amateur gigolo gets caught up in a sticky situation after accepting a surprise gift from an anonymous client. Anish is desperately trying to make it as an actor but his dire financial situation pushes him to look for an escape, which he finds with an anonymous wealthy client. Called to her place one day for a rendezvous, he turns up only to be met with a surprise gift, ‘a murder’. He finds himself framed for a crime he didn’t commit with a witness who is convinced he is the culprit. Arishadvarga is a smart and tense neo-noir thriller that will have you guessing who did it till the very end.
- Avinash as Manjunath Bhat, a film producer
- Samyukta Hornad as Saakshi, An aspiring actress
- NandaGopal as Ashok Kalburgi, Police Inspector
- Mahesh Bung as Anish, An aspiring actor and a Gigolo
- Anju Alva Naik as Kruthi Bhat, Film Editor
- Arvind Kuplikar as Karthik, An aspiring film director
- Gopalkrishna Deshpande as Bheemasen Joshi, an auto-rickshaw driver
- Sreepathy Manjanbail as Rajanna, Head Constable
|Soundtrack album by |
|Label||Zee Music Co.|
The music is composed by Udit Haritas ("Agnyaata") and this is his first feature film.
|1.||"Bhangi Sedho Bhangi - The weed song"||Pavan Kumar||Sanjith Hegde, Pancham||05:07|
|2.||"Doora Dari"||Pavan Kumar||Ananya Bhagat, Udit Haritas, Eesha Suchi, Siri Ravikumar||05:45|
|3.||"Gadiyaarake [Hard Rock]"||Pavan Kumar||Udit Haritas||04:13|
|4.||"Gadiyaarake"||Pavan Kumar||Raghu Dixit||03:56|
|5.||"Naane Bhoomi"||Pavan Kumar||Sanjith Hegde, Ananya Bhat||06:24|
|6.||"Anvartha"||Pavan Kumar||Aditi Sagar||03:44|
|7.||"Yaava Bimba"||Pavan Kumar||Siri Ravikumar||04:15|
|8.||"Nungu Gulige"||Udit Haritas||Aditi Sagar, Udit Haritas||03:54|
Critical Reception and Box Office
The film opened up with positive reviews      at the London Indian Film Festival. Josh Hurtado a popular critic who writes about Indian films stated "Arishadvarga is a Labyrinthine Thriller Full of Surprises".
The film is slated for worldwide release during Feb of 2020.
- Bhat, Padmanabh. ""ಮರ್ಡರ್ ಮಿಸ್ಟರಿ; ಅರಿಷಡ್ವರ್ಗ ಗೆಲ್ಲುವ ಆಟ..."". prajavani.net. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Filmmaker Arvind Kamath shares a pragmatic take on #MeToo". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- Suresh, Sunayna. "Manvitha Harish signs her next Sandalwood film". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 Jan 2017.
- "Samyukta Hornad completes shoot for Arishadvarga". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- desk, Web. "ಲಂಡನ್ ಫಿಲ್ಮ್ ಫೆಸ್ಟಿವಲ್ನಲ್ಲಿ 'ಅರಿಷಡ್ವರ್ಗ' ಪ್ರದರ್ಶನ!..." asianetnews.com. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- George, Nina. "Thriller Set in Bengaluru to premiere in London". Deccan Herald.com. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- "Arvind Kamath's Arishadvarga to premiere in London". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- HP, Aakarsh. "Arishadvarga Becomes The Second Kannada Film To premiere At London Film Festival Only After Lucia". metrosaga.com. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- Karki, Manisha. "Arvind Kamath's Arishadvarga to premiere at London Indian Film Festival". boxofficeindia.co.in. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "Arishadvarga Singapore South Asian International Film festival".
- "FEATURE MOVIE: ARISHADVARGA".
- Ramnath, Nandini. "In Kannada thriller 'Arishadvarga', the eyes and ears cannot be trusted". scroll.in. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- Deshpande, Akash. "ARISHADVARGA  'LIFF' REVIEW : A WHODUNIT THRILLER ABOUT ITS CHARACTERS MORE THAN THE MYSTERY". highonfilms.com. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- KOTZATHANASIS, PANOS. "Film Review: Arishadvarga (2019) by Arvind Kamath". asianmoviepulse.com. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Neskanen, Eija. "Arishadvarga (India, 2019) [LIFF 2019]". vcinemashow.com. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- Mathews, Katherine. "LIFF 2019 Special Review – Arishadvarga". bollyspice.com. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Hurtado, Josh. "London Indian 2019 Review: ARISHADVARGA Is A Labyrinthine Thriller Full Of Surprises". screenanarchy.com. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
This article "Arishadvarga (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Arishadvarga (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.