Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Born||8 November 1914|
|Died||2 July 2000 (aged 85)|
|Allegiance|| Nazi Germany (to 1945)|
|Years of service||1935–45|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Arnulf Abele (8 November 1914 – 2 July 2000) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II and an Oberst in the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Arnulf Abele was captured by American troops in 1944 and was released in 1946. He later joined the Bundeswehr, retiring in 1973.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (25 July 1940) & 1st Class (22 January 1942)
- Wound Badge (1939) in Black (28 October 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 12 February 1944 as Hauptmann and commander of I./Reichsgrenadier-Regiment "Hoch und Deutschmeister"
- Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany 1st Class (28 December 1972)
- Thomas & Wegmann 1987, p. 7.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 187.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link) Search this book on
- Thomas, Franz; Wegmann, Günter (1987). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Teil III: Infanterie Band 1: A–Be [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Part III: Infantry Volume 1: A–Be] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-1153-2.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link) Search this book on
This article "Arnulf Abele" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Arnulf Abele. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.