Arthur Morgan (character)
|Red Dead character|
|First appearance||Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018)|
|Last appearance||Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018)|
|Created by||Rockstar Games|
|Voiced by||Roger Clark|
|Motion capture||Roger Clark|
Arthur Morgan is a fictional character in the Red Dead video game series by Rockstar Games. Portrayed by actor Roger Clark, he serves as the central character and protagonist of the 2018 game Red Dead Redemption 2.
Roger Clark was chosen to portray Arthur Morgan after auditioning for the role. The character of Arthur was developed to be a convicted criminal and a member of a gang. He is also considered to be killer and thief. The development team chose to retain a single protagonist for Red Dead Redemption 2, instead of the three as featured in Grand Theft Auto V (2013). Art director Josh Bass said that "sticking with a single character felt more appropriate for the structure and narrative of a Western". Writer Dan Houser said that "The frontier environment and the force of civilization will destroy people like [Arthur]. He’s caught between the nastiness of nature and the brutality of encroaching industrialization in civilization. He has a feeling that his time may have come and gone."
Fictional character biography
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2018)
Following the release of Red Dead Redemption 2, Arthur Morgan received generally positive reviews. Game Informer felt that Morgan is a better protagonist than Red Dead Redemption's John Marston.
Arthur's death at the ending of Red Dead Redemption 2 received praise. The AV Club commented on Arthur's storyline; "It sounds nice for everyone but the protagonists, who would, presumably, be trapped in increasingly larger, more beautiful places and subjected to increasingly longer, more brutal deaths. If only 10 percent of players slugged through the 18 hours of Red Dead Redemption, how many will endure the 50 hours of Red Dead Redemption 2? It’s an easier game, and it dangles a hell of a carrot to keep you moving: the promise of a vast new stretch of land to explore, overlapping much of the countryside from the first game. But it’s also slower than molasses in north Ambarino, demanding a meditative approach to play, a willingness to sink in an evening and only come away with a decent-quality pelt to show for it. The plot ranges from operatic, Witcher-esque highs, particularly the early saga of the Gray-Brathwaite feud, to lows that make you keenly feel Morgan’s disdain for his trade."
- "Arthur Morgan". Behind The Voice Actors.
- "Red Dead Redemption 2 review — Goodbye to the American West". 6 November 2018.
- "How 'Red Dead Redemption 2's' Stars Brought a New Western Classic to Life".
- Rockstar Studios (October 26, 2018). Red Dead Redemption 2. PlayStation 4, Xbox One. Rockstar Games. Scene: Staff credits. Search this book on
- White, Sam. "Red Dead Redemption 2: The inside story of the most lifelike video game ever".
- "Red Dead Redemption 2's Arthur Morgan Is the Wokest Outlaw". USgamer.net.
- Hussain, Tamoor (25 October 2018). "Getting Away With Crime In Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Tricky".
- "Red Dead Redemption 2: Who is Arthur Morgan?". 3 May 2018.
- "Rockstar explains why Red Dead Redemption 2 has a single protagonist".
- Goldberg, Harold. "The Making of Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption 2".
- "Arthur Morgan Is A Better Protagonist Than John Marston".
This article "Arthur Morgan (character)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Arthur Morgan (character). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.