|Founded 📆||August 2016|
|Headquarters 🏙️||San Francisco, California|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Asaii is a San Francisco-based music analytics startup specializing in using algorithmic data to spot up-and-coming artists before they hit the charts. The company tracked social networks, streaming services, radio, online news, and TV shows to understand popularity of artists and songs. The employees of the company were acqui-hired by Apple Inc in October 2018.
Asaii was founded by former Apple engineer Sony Theakanath (CEO) in August 2016. In early 2017, Asaii received seed money from The House Fund, a UC Berkeley venture fund. Asaii grew quietly as a private beta, serving record labels, Fortune 500 companies, and booking agents.
On October 14, 2018, Apple Inc hired the founders of the company to improve its recommendations for Apple Music. It was widely reported that the company was acquired, however further details revealed that the assets and IP were not retained by Apple and were scrapped. .
- "Asaii - The Automated A&R; and Music Analytics Platform". web.archive.org. 2018-10-29. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- Porter, Jon (2018-10-15). "Apple reportedly acquires music analytics firm that claims it can 'find the next Justin Bieber'". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "20 music/tech startups we'll be watching closely in 2018". Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "No, Apple didn't acquire music analytics startup Asaii, it hired the founders to work on Apple Music". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Apple Music reportedly buys music analytics firm Asaii". The Music Network. 2018-10-15. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Asaii Company Profile: Acquisition & Investors | PitchBook". pitchbook.com. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Home". The House Fund. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "MGT105: The AI Tool Label A&R Use To Sign Artists – Sony Theakanath (Asaii) || Dotted Music". Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Startup Showcase: 8 emerging music/tech firms pitch at NY:LON Connect". Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Martin Atkins, China's Music Industry, and Creative Collaboration: Music Industry Track Sessions for SXSW 2018". SXSW. 2018-01-24. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "MIDEM ANNOUNCES MUSIC TECH FINALISTS FOR MIDEMLAB 2019 CONTEST | MIDEM". pressroom.midem.com. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Apple Acquires Startup Asaii to Boost Relationships With Artists". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- Mihalcik, Carrie. "Apple reportedly buys Asaii, a startup hunting for the 'next Justin Bieber'". CNET. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- Gewirtz, David. "You are what you eat: 10 companies Apple gobbled up in the past year". ZDNet. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
This article "Asaii" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Asaii. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.