Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Asgardia Independent Research Center
Asgardia Independent Research Center GmbH, formerly the Aerospace International Research Center (AIRC), German: Internationales Raumfahrtzentrum Österreich) is an interdisciplinary research institute. It was established in 2013 by Igor Ashurbeyli.
In 2014, AIRC began publication of an international space journal, ROOM, of which Ashurbeyli is the editor-in-chief. On February 5, 2016, Ashurbeyli was awarded the UNESCO Medal for contributions to the development of nanoscience and nanotechnologies during a ceremony held at UNESCO headquarters, Paris. AIRC AAS is the only institute in Austria whose activity is fully dedicated to the research of the Solar System, extraterrestrial life and the Earth using space technology and satellite techniques.
Since 2013 the AIRC staff constructed, developed and prepared for launch over 30 instruments and participated in the experiments in 15 space missions, for example: ESA's mission Mars Express, Rosetta (mission to a comet), Venus Express, BepiColombo (mission to Mercury) and CNES' DEMETER and TARANIS missions. AIRC has also collaborated with NASA for the IBEX mission.
Since 2015 the AIRC is establishing a close collaboration with Asgardia, the first space program planning to found a state fully located in space. The idea is to create a legal framework, not tied to any existing nation, for the peaceful exploration in space.
In July 2018 Aerospace International Research Center was renamed to Asgardia Independent Research Center GmbH.
The Aerospace International Research Center facilities are located in Vienna.
Others articles of the Topic Spaceflight : Apollo 13 Mission Operations Team, bluShift Aerospace, List of space launch system designs, Falcon 9 booster B1019, RadFXSat-2, Timeline of Space Shuttle missions
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Igor Ashurbeyli
- "Третий и четвёртый полки С-400 поставят в армию в 2012 году". Ria.ru. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Fifth UNESCO Medals for contributions to the development of nanoscience and nanotechnologies ceremony". United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. 5 February 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Bored of your earth citizenship? Join Asgardia, first nation state in space". Firstpost.com. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Asgardia Space Program". Asgardia. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Scientists plan to create 'Asgardia' nation state in space". BBC. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Space oddity: Group claims to have created nation in space". Sciencemag.org. 12 October 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
This article "Asgardia Independent Research Center" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Asgardia Independent Research Center. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.