2017 Mayoral Campaign Photo
|🏡 Residence||Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Minnesota|
Filmmaker, UX Designer
|🏛️ Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
A member of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, Rahman ran for the mayoralty of the state's largest city, Minneapolis. He suspended his campaign on November 2, 2017, and subsequently endorsed Jacob Frey.
In his 2017 candidacy for mayor, he focused his campaign on ending poverty and policing. He is an outspoken in his advocacy for small businesses, especially for immigrant communities. He worked for the mayor's office for three years and focused his campaign on the details of his plans as mayor, especially the budget.
|2015||George: A Love Letter to a Cold City||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||George|
|2016||Best of India, Late at Night||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- "More Democrats line up to challenge Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges". gomn.com. Archived from the original on 2016-12-28.
- "State Rep. Raymond Dehn to run for mayor of Minneapolis". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Local Filmmaking Group Focuses On Independent Filmmakers". minnesota.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "About Minneapolis' Film Studio - Cineapolis - Host of the Mespies". Cineapolis. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Festival | Cineapolis". Cineapolis. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "The Mespies". FilmFreeway. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Minneapolis DFL". www.mpls.dfl.org. Archived from the original on 2017-05-24. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- Belz, Adam (November 2, 2017). "Aswar Rahman suspends campaign for Minneapolis mayor, endorses Jacob Frey". Star Tribune. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- "With an eye on the budget, young filmmaker joins mayor's race". Southwest Journal. 2017-01-06. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Small business owners would lose out under Minneapolis' $15 minimum wage". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
|This article about a Minnesota politician is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Aswar Rahman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aswar Rahman. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.