Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain
|Publisher||CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform|
|24 July 2017|
|Media type||Print / Digital|
|ISBN||978-1974000067 Search this book on .|
Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain; Bitcoin, Blockchain, Ethereum & Smart Contracts is a 2017 non-fiction book by David Gerard. It focuses on the subject of blockchain technology and gives a skeptical view on the cryptocurrency industry. It was one of the first published books to present the blockchain phenomena in a critical way. The book covers the topic of Bitcoin, using the Mt. Gox exchange and Silk Road darknet marketplace as case studies. It examines the issues with smart contracts. And it finishes with a study of the applications of blockchain technology in the music industry.
The BBC's technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones described it as "a very convincing takedown of the whole [cryptocurrency] phenomenon". And it was described as "a sober riposte to all the upbeat forecasts about cryptocurrency" by Sue Halpern, of The New York Review of Books.
- "Attack of the 50 foot blockchain : Bitcoin, Blockchain, Ethreum & smart contracts". worldcat.org. OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Kaminska, Izabella. "Attack of the 50-foot blockchain, a sceptic's guide to crypto". ftalphaville.ft.com. The Financial Times. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Walker, Martin (30 October 2017). "Blockchain and bitcoin: In search of a critique". LSE Business Review. London School of Economics. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Evans, Ben; Bryant, Daniel. "Book Review: Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain". InfoQ. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Kašpárek, Michal. "Bitcoin a vlády jsou kamarádi". Finmag.cz (in čeština). peníze.cz, a.s. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "10 Blockchain Books and Studies You Should Read". Fintech Hong Kong. 27 September 2017. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Cellan-Jones, Rory (22 December 2017). "The year that saw Bitcoin rise and fall". BBC News. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Halpern, Sue (18 January 2018). "Bitcoin Mania". The New York Review of Books. 65 (1).
- Dujak, Davor; Sajter, Domagoj (15 June 2018). "Blockchain Applications in Supply Chain". In Kawa, A.; Maryniak, A. SMART supply network. Springer International Publishing AG. ISBN 978-3-319-91667-5. Search this book on
- Zīle, Kaspars; Strazdiņa, Renāte (1 May 2018). "Blockchain Use Cases and Their Feasibility" (PDF). Applied Computer Systems. 23 (1): 12–20. doi:10.2478/acss-2018-0002. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Koens, Tommy; Poll, Erik. "What Blockchain Alternative Do You Need?" (PDF). ru.nl. Nijmegen, The Netherlands: Radboud University. p. 14. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Emily Maitlis (Presenter); David Grossman (14 September 2017). Bitcoin: financial revolution or modern day tulipmania? – BBC Newsnight (television). BBC. Archived from the original (video) on 15 September 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- BBC News at Ten (video) (television). BBC. 20 December 2017.
- Rory Cellan-Jones (21 December 2017). Bitcoin: My 400 coin bet paid off, but is it too late for others? (video). BBC. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
This article "Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.