Azizul Islam (politician)
Mohammad Azizul Islam is a Bangladeshi politician and teacher. Presently he is working as the principal of the Ideal College situated in Jaldhaka city and also performing his duty as a member of central working body of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami.
Azizul Islam was born in 19th February, 1961 in a Muslim family in Jaldhaka upozila in Nilphamari district. His father’s name Baccai Mahmud, mother’s name Azizunnesa. He is the youngest of his two brothers and three sisters. He started his education at Gulmonda primary school.
After completing his primary in Gulmoda primary school, he got admitted to Gulmonda high school. After passing Secondary with achievement in 1977, he got admitted to Jaldhaka College. After passing higher secondary in 1979, he got admitted to Rangpur Carmichael College in Bangla Literature. After graduating in 1982, he took admission in Rajshahi University for postgraduate degree and achieved his post-graduation degree in 1983.
Azizul Islam joined Bangladesh Islami Chhatrashibir during his honors and quickly became the president of sub-division of then Rangpur district for his excellent telent and qualification. Later in 1986, he joined Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami and in 1987, he became rukon of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami. He played important role in the anti-autocracy movement in 1990. In 1997, he was elected as the Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami of Jaldhaka upazila. In 2007, during Moin-Fakhruddin’s emergency governance, he had to be imprisoned in a conspiratorial case and was released after a long prison sentence of about 1 year. He was nominated as Nayeeb-e- Ameer of Nilphamari district of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami in 2009 and in 2011, he was elected as District Ameer. He has been the District Ameer till 2016. During his responsibility as District Ameer, he was attacked by Awami-League (Ruling party), and he was severely tortured. Earlier, the Awami administration had suspended him from his own established college illegally. There are dozens of cases of harassment and conspiracy against him and he has to be imprisoned five times in these cases. Through the torture of Awami administration, the unbeaten brave leader Azizul Islam continues his fight for freedom of speech, democracy and for the sovereignty Bangladesh. At present, he is serving as member of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami Central Majlish-e-Shurra.
In the National parliament election of 1986, he played an active role in the election campaign of, Jaban Uddin Ahmed, Jamaat-nominated candidate and at that time his famous and fiery speech as a young speaker created a huge stir in the whole election area.speaker created a huge stir in the whole election area.Late Alhaj Mizanur Rahman Chowdhury was elected a member of the parliament for the second term in his 2001 parliamentary elections. He contested the Nilphamari-3 constituency in the 2008 parliamentary elections but was defeated by digital fraud.
- "বিএনপি জোটের মনোনয়ন পেলেন জামায়াতের যে নেতারা". Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami". www.jamaat-e-islami.org. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "অধ্যক্ষ আজিজুল ইসলাম". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "২৪ আসনে ধানের শীষ প্রতীক নিয়ে ভোট করবে জামায়াত". Bangladesh Pratidin. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- Kumar, Upendra (2017-01-01). "Religion and Politics: A Study of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami". Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities. 7: 146. doi:10.5958/2249-7315.2017.00304.5.
- "জামায়াত নেতা আজিজুল ইসলাম কারাগারে". Newspapers71.com. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "বিএনপি জোটের মনোনয়ন পেলেন জামায়াতের যে নেতারা". প্রথম আলো (in Bengali). Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- আক্তার, সাইয়েদা (2018-01-09). "নিবন্ধন নেই, তবু কেন প্রার্থী ঘোষণা জামায়াতের". BBC News বাংলা. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- ধানের শীষে লড়বেন জামায়াতের ২২জন. Banglanews24.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "নীলফামারীর দুটি আসনে ২০ দলীয় জোটের প্রার্থী কে?". প্রথম আলো (in Bengali). Retrieved 2018-12-14.
This article "Azizul Islam (politician)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Azizul Islam (politician). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.