BLAG Linux and GNU
|Developer||Brixton Linux Action Group|
|OS family||Unix-like, Linux-libre, free software|
|Latest release||140000 / May 4, 2011|
|Update method||rolling release|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux-libre)|
|Default user interface||GNOME (was planned to have switched to MATE upon release of BLAG 240000)|
BLAG Linux and GNU is a discontinued Linux distribution made by the Brixton Linux Action Group.
BLAG is a discontinued, single-CD distro with applications desktop users "expect" from a desktop including multimedia, graphics, desktop internet applications and more. BLAG also included a collection of server packages. BLAG was based on Fedora plus updates, adds apps from Dag, Dries, Freshrpms, NewRPMS, and includes custom packages.
BLAG was one of the few operating systems listed as a completely free software distribution by the Free Software Foundation.
The first public release of BLAG was 22 October 2002. The latest stable release, BLAG 140k, was based on Fedora 14, and was released on 4 May 2011. In October 2014 Blag 200000 was released in alpha form.
Planning for BLAG 240000 commenced in January 2016 but it was never released.
The script used in BLAG for cleaning the kernel from non-free blobs shipped in it by default was used as a base for the Linux-libre set of scripts.
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : script.aculo.us, Angular, DokuWiki, VPN.ht, Collabora Office, XL (programming language), FileScope
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Comparison of Linux distributions
- "Free GNU/Linux distributions". gnu.org. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "Fedora-based single-CD distro goes gold". DesktopLinux.com eWeek. Ziff Davis Enterprise Holdings Inc. 2006-07-14. Archived from the original on 4 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-10. Unknown parameter
- Magic Banan (2008-05-26). "Interview with Jeff Moe: BLAG, linux-libre and More". Archived from the original on 27 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-10. Unknown parameter
- "BLAG updates its Fedora-based distro". Ziff Davis Enterprise Holdings Inc. 2006-10-05. Archived from the original on 5 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-14. Unknown parameter
- "Free GNU/Linux distributions". Free Software Foundation, Inc. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- DistroWatch. "Development Release: BLAG Linux And GNU 200000 Alpha (DistroWatch.com News)". distrowatch.com. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "BLAG". blagblagblag.org. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- Bruce Byfield (2008-08-01). "Linux-libre project meets rocky reception". Linux.com. SourceForge, Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-19. Unknown parameter
This article "BLAG Linux and GNU" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:BLAG Linux and GNU. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.