Baby, Box, Broker
|Baby, Box, Broker|
|Directed by||Hirokazu Kore-eda|
|Produced by||Eugene Lee|
|Screenplay by||Hirokazu Kore-eda|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Search Baby, Box, Broker on Amazon.
Baby, Box, Broker (Hangul: 브로커; RR: beulokeo; lit. Broker), also know by its working title, Broker, is an upcoming South Korean film written and directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda. It will be the director's first film shot in South Korea and in the Korean language. Production is expected to begin in 2021, with production to be through Zip Cinema and distribution by CJ Entertainment.
The "baby, box" portion of the title comes from heated boxes in which people may anonymously leave their infants to be cared for. The story is about individuals who connect with each other by their shared experiences with baby boxes.
Pre-production for the film was first announced in August 2020. Kore-eda has been working on the script for the past five years. He wrote the script with actors Song Kang-ho, Bae Doona, and Gang Dong-won in mind. Describing how he came up with the story, Kore-eda said,
As always, it all began with the actors. I first met Song Kang-ho at the Busan International Film Festival and Gang Dong-won when he was in Tokyo for work. I have continued to stay in contact with the two actors in Tokyo, Seoul, Busan, and Cannes. At first, we simply exchanged greetings, but as we continued to share conversations, it naturally led to us talking about working on a film together.
After working with actress Bae Doona on his 2009 film Air Doll, the director hoped he might work with her again.
In February, 2021, actress-singer IU joined the film's cast.
- Frater, Patrick (26 August 2020). "'Parasite's' Song Kang-ho to Star in 'Baby, Box, Broker,' Korean Debut of 'Shoplifters' Director Hirokazu Kore-eda". Variety. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Profile & Works". kore-eda.com. Retrieved 8 February 2021.
- MacDonald, Joan (1 February 2021). "U Joins Cast Of Hirokazu Kore-Eda Film 'Baby, Box, Broker'". Forbes. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- Noh, Jean (26 August 2020). "Kore-eda to make Korean debut 'Baby, Box, Broker' with 'Parasite' star Song Kang-ho". Screen Daily. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- Kwak, Yeon-soo (27 August 2020). "'Shoplifters' filmmaker Hirokazu Kore-eda to helm first Korean film". The Korea Times. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- Sharf, Zack (26 August 2020). "Song Kang-ho to Follow 'Parasite' with Hirokazu Kore-eda's Korean Movie Debut — First Details". IndieWire. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
This article "Baby, Box, Broker" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Baby, Box, Broker. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.