Back Home (Bee Gees song)
|Song by Bee Gees|
|from the album 2 Years On|
|Recorded||18 August 1970|
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Barry, Robin & Maurice Gibb|
|Producer(s)||Robin Gibb, Maurice Gibb|
Written by Barry, Robin & Maurice Gibb, the brothers also sings harmony on the most of the song. The high harmony was performed by Robin while Barry and Maurice sings low harmony. Allmusic's Bruce Eder commented that "Back Home" features the loudest guitar ever heard on the band's record.
Recording took place at IBC Studios in London, in August 18, 1970 with the unreleased Robin and Maurice Gibb compositions, "Too Much To Think About", "Getting Back Together", "You're Going Away", "The Way I Feel Today", "Find Me a Woman" and "The Change I See" which was produced by Maurice and Robin Gibb, while Barry was not temporarily on the group. Engineered by John Stewart. It was recorded before Barry gets back to the group three days later. But Barry's contribution seems to be limited to the vocal track, for which they may have rewritten the lyrics as they did sometimes with other songs for the album. It was one of the Bee Gees songs that the lead guitar was played by Maurice.
The song starts with a lead guitar riff and a drum fill, similar style of the Rolling Stones' "Get Off of My Cloud" as their track was also starts in drum fill. in 5 seconds and then the guitar riff was heard again as the bass get started to play and they start to sings. On 0:33, the guitar solo was heard. And when they sings Back home, the hard bass responds.
The singer tells that he took a plane to Cairo and then a Cessna to Rome, and he's got hijacked to Tel Aviv, and was the first time that he had flown. But he found Shangri-la, and in a place that was not too far. He also took a train to Jordan and to Texas and back, and the singer met Lyndon B. Johnson and the singer felt Johnson's hand on his back. And later he sings But i found my Shangri-la.
The song fades with a fadeout when the brothers sings Back home also in harmony vocal.
- Barry Gibb - harmony vocal
- Maurice Gibb — harmony vocal, electric and bass guitar
- Robin Gibb — harmony vocal
- Geoff Bridgford — drums
- Uncredited — orchestra and strings arrangement
- Bee Gees - 2 Years On at Discogs
- Eder, Bruce. "Bee Gees - 2 Years On Review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1970". Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Unterberger, Richie. "The Rolling Stones "Get Off My Cloud"". allmusic. Retrieved 15 June 2007.
- "The Bee Gees - Back Home". You Tube. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Bee Gees - "Back Home" Lyrics". Metrolyrics. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
Template:2 Years On
This article "Back Home (Bee Gees song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.