|Tour by Twenty One Pilots|
|Start date||October 16, 2018|
|End date||June 30, 2019|
|No. of shows||27 in North America 2018|
6 in Australia
30 in Europe
35 in North America 2019
98 in total
|Twenty One Pilots concert chronology|
Listen to this concert Bandito Tour or buy cd/DVDs of this concert on amazonThe Bandito Tour (stylized as THE BANDITØ TØUR) is an on-going tour by American musical duo Twenty One Pilots, in support of their fifth studio album Trench (2018). The tour is set to begin at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on October 16, 2018, and will continue through to June 30, 2019, ending at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
Background[edit | edit source]
On July 11, 2018, Twenty One Pilots ended a year-long hiatus by releasing two singles, "Jumpsuit" and "Nico and the Niners". The same day both their album, Trench, and its accompanying tour, the Bandito Tour, were announced. It was announced that Awolnation and Max Frost would serve as the opening act for the first North American leg. The band announced they would add a second North American leg in 2019 to the tour, including dates in Mexico and Canada, which didn't have any performances planned until then. A second concert in the band's hometown, Columbus, as well as a second show in Mexico City, were also added to the tour.
Reception[edit | edit source]
The tour received positive reviews. St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the major regional newspaper in St. Louis, Missouri, called the band's sold-out show at the Enterprise Center "entertaining" and that "The show, only the third date on the tour, is an already-perfected machine right of the box, two hours of spectacle and emotion". The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reviewed the band's performance at the Fiserv Forum, saying "Now, with 'The Bandito Tour,' Twenty One Pilots' explosive live show has practically gone atomic." Detroit Free Press gave the band's performance in Detroit a positive review, saying "On record, "Trench" upped the game for a duo that's clearly not content to coast. Onstage Wednesday in Detroit, Twenty One Pilots showed they've got the live show to back up the challenge" in a positive review. Billboard's Gab Ginsberg wrote that "Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun continue to prove that they’re one of the hardest-working -- and most athletic -- bands out there" after the band's performance at the Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Set list[edit | edit source]
This set list is representative of the show on October 16, 2018, in Nashville. It is not representative of all concerts for the duration of the tour.
- "Fairly Local"
- "Stressed Out"
- "We Don’t Believe What’s on TV"
- "The Judge"
- "Lane Boy"
- "Nico and the Niners"
- "Taxi Cab"
- "Neon Gravestones"
- "Pet Cheetah"
- "Holding on to You"
- "Iris" (Goo Goo Dolls cover with Awolnation and Max Frost)
- "Hey Jude" (The Beatles cover with Awolnation and Max Frost)
- "My Blood"
- "Car Radio"
- "Leave the City"
Tour dates[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "twenty one pilots | THE BANDITO TOUR". Twenty One Pilots. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "twenty one pilots add show to Bandito tour". Alternative Press. October 9, 2018. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Knight, Julia. "Twenty One Pilots return from hiatus with new singles". The Observer. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- "Twenty One Pilots announce the 'Bandito' tour". Alternative Press. July 11, 2018. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Meet the artist opening for twenty one pilots' Bandito tour". Alternative Press. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "twenty one pilots announce more Bandito Tour dates". Alternative Press. October 2, 2018. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Legaspi, Althea (October 2, 2018). "Twenty One Pilots Announce Second Leg of 'Bandito Tour'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "twenty one pilots add another show to the Bandito tour". Alternative Press. October 22, 2018. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- "Twenty One Pilots offer meaningful jams, big display during sold-out Enterprise Center show | The Blender | stltoday.com". October 20, 2018. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- "Twenty One Pilots pull out all the stops at explosive 'Bandito Tour' show in Milwaukee". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved October 21, 2018.
- "Twenty One Pilots get ambitious at compelling Detroit show". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "6 Twenty One Pilots Stunts That Make The Bandito Tour a Must-See". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- "Here's The Set List From The First Night Of twenty one pilots' Bandito Tour — Kerrang!". Kerrang!. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "Twenty One Pilots Announce Support Acts for 'Trench' Tour". Billboard. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "Here's Who Is Supporting twenty one pilots On Tour — Kerrang!". Kerrang!. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "Banditos Tour Leg 2". Twenty One Pilots Official Website. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
This article "Bandito Tour" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bandito Tour. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.