Barbara Franchin holding the heart trophy at ITS 2015
1967 (age 54–55)
Franchin was born and raised in Trieste. In 2001, she launched the agency EVE and organized the first edition of International Talent Support ("ITS") in 2002. ITS is a platform based on research of talent offering support, visibility and opportunities for young designers coming from all over the world.
Franchin is recognized as an important scout of young fashion designers, accessories designers and, in October 2010, she was included by Elle Italy among the 100 most powerful women in fashion and has been invited to lecture in conferences, schools and companies to talk about the world of creativity.
- Premio di Vetro (July 2013) - Assigned to women for their outstanding results in Culture, Arts, Science and Sports.
- Premio Primavera Di Donne (March 2014): Assigned to women who improve their community through they effort in different fields.
- Premio Barcola (May 2015): Assigned to individuals or organizations that promote the image of Trieste in the world through their work.
ITS Creative Archive
Franchin created the ITS Creative Archive, a unique collection which traces the history of contemporary fashion. The ITS Creative Archive holds 16,000 projects from over 80 countries, 210 outfits, 110 accessory and 70 jewelry pieces and over 700 digital photography projects.
- Lanzoni, Luca (15 July 2014). "Conosci Barbara Franchin Founder, Director & Project Supervisor di ITS International Talent Support?" [Do you know Barbara Franchin, the Founder, Director, and Project supervisor of International Talent Support?]. Elle (Italy) (in Italian). Retrieved 26 May 2016.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Searching new talent". kering.com. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "Barbara Franchin". vogue.it. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- FashionMag.com; Dominique Muret. "Barbara Franchin: "Young people in fashion today are more mature"". FashionMag.com. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Allyssia, Alleyne (14 July 2015). "Stripper heels and cable-tie balaclavas: This is your fashion future". CNN. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Ecco cosa ho scoperto a Decoded Fashion e perchè mi piace tanto". Wired. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "La moda accende Trieste: il Premio Barcola va a Its". Il Piccolo. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
This article "Barbara Franchin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.