Beacon (supply chain)
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Beacon is a deep tech startup that provides freight forwarding and trade finance services, mainly to businesses. It aims to use supply chain engineering tools such as software, artificial intelligence, and operations research to increase transparency, speed, flexibility and reliability, while reducing costs and emissions.
Beacon is a trading name for Global Technology Holdings Ltd., and was founded in 2018 by former Uber executives Fraser Robinson and Dmitri Izmailov. It has received funding from ex-CEO of Google Eric Schmidt, Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, and Uber co-founders Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp.
- Fortson, Danny (13 October 2019). "Tech titans back former Uber boss Fraser Robinson's Beacon venture". The Sunday Times.
- Todd, Stuart. "Tech start-up Beacon aims to 'disrupt the $1 trillion world of freight forwarders'". Lloyd's loading list.
- Kulikowska-Wielgus, Agnieszka. "London-based start-up Beacon aims to 'disrupt the $1 trillion world of freight forwarders'". Trans.INFO (in Deutsch).
- "GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY HOLDINGS LTD". Companies House.
- "Beacon". beacon.co.uk.
- Kahn, Jeremy. "Former Uber Exec Joins Board of Self-Driving Startup". Bloomberg.
- Singh, Kanishka; S, Sangameswaran (6 December 2017). "Uber's top European dealmaker to step down from role". Reuters.
This article "Beacon (supply chain)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Beacon (supply chain). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.