Beer in Tasmania
Beer has been brewed in Tasmania since 1824.
Tasmanian beers include Boags in Launceston and Cascade in Hobart, which are the two largest Tasmanian beer producers in the State. Traditionally people from the south of Tasmania drank Cascade whereas Boags is drunk in the north, however, this is becoming less so as intrastate migration increases. Tasmania also has a number of small craft breweries.
Tasmania was the first Australian colony to tax beer. Its Beer Duty Act of 1880 established a duty of 3 pence per gallon which was raised to four pence in 1892.
- J. Boag & Son (Lion Nathan) - Launceston
- Cascade (Foster's Group) - Hobart
- Taverner's Brewery - Launceston
- Buttons Brewing - Ulverstone
- Morrison Brewery - Launceston
- T-Bone Brewery - Hobart
- Hobart Brewing Co - Hobart
- Seven Sheds - Railton
- Van Dieman Brewing - Evandale
- Miners Gold Brewery - Beaconsfield
- Last Rites - Hobart
- Moo Brew - Hobart
- Iron House Brewery - White Sands
- Two Metre Tall Brewing Co - Derwent Valley
- Little Rivers Brewery - Scottsdale
Other articles of the topics Beer AND Australia : The Australian Bar and Restaurant
Other articles of the topic Beer : Broken Goblet Brewing Company, Balter Brewing Company, Curious Brewery, Hawke's Brewing Company, Copper Coast Wines, The Australian Bar and Restaurant, List of Belgian beers
Other articles of the topic Australia : Highway 61 Motorcycle Club, Pro Wrestling Australia, Brooke Goodrich, Slade Mercer, List of number-one dance albums of 2011 (Australia), Lauren Steer, Quidditch Australia
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Beer and breweries by region
- Beer in Australia
- List of breweries in Australia
- Tasmanian wine
- Bergman, Justin (2019-12-05). "36 Hours in Hobart (and Environs) (Published 2019)". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- Sandra Huett (2012), Only in Tasmania, Striped Wolf Publishing, ISBN 9780987185006,
our two big players in the beer brewing indstry – Boags and Cascade
- Brett Stubbs (2020), "Tasmania", New Developments in the Brewing Industry: The Role of Institutions and Ownership, Oxford University Press, p. 143
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Beer in Tasmania" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Beer in Tasmania. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.