|Born||January 12, 1972|
💵 Salary :
Benjamen Walker is an American podcaster based out of New York City, a founding member of the podcast collective Radiotopia, and the host of Theory of Everything. He has also contributed to radio programs such as Radiolab and 99% Invisible. The Atlantic stated "In Walker, the podcasting world has found its Hunter S. Thompson," while listing his "New York After Rent" series as the second best podcast episode of 2015.
In August of 2000, Benjamen created an hour long program for WZBC in Boston called Your Radio Nightlight where he developed a unique style of formatless radio inspired by Joe Frank that included fiction and documentary.
In 2004, Your Radio Nightlight was on a indefinite hiatus when Roman Mars asked him to share an hour with his radio show Invisible Ink. Benjamen then created his first podcast, an early incarnation of Theory of Everything. He claims it was one of the first podcasts listed in the official podcasting directories. In 2006, it was picked up by Alt.npr. He created Too Much Information in 2009, a radio show and podcast for WFMU which became a cult favorite.  In 2011, he produced the Big Ideas philosophy podcast for The Guardian.
With the relaunch of his Theory of Everything podcast in 2014, he was, "a driving force behind Radiotopia’s wildly successful Kickstarter campaign."
- "On 'Serial' and the Podcasting Phenomenon". Newsweek. February 8, 2015. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Radiotopia- Benjamen Walker's Theory of Everything". September 6, 2008. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- WNYC website. "Radiolab - Who's Bad", Radiolab. Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- 99% Invisible website. "99% Invisible - 77 Steps", 99% Invisible. Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- The Atlantic website. "The 50 Best Podcast Episodes of 2015", The Atlantic. Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- Transom website. "Your Radio Nightlight", Retrieved on November 23, 2018
- Theory of Everything website. "Secret Histories of Podcasting", Theory of Everything. October 21, 2015. Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- Gawker website. "Listening To The Radio Is Cool Again", Gawker. |date=September 8, 2014 Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- The Guardian website. "The Big Ideas Podcast", The Guardian. Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- Tow Center for Digital Journalism website. "You Are Here: Site-specific storytelling using offline networks", [[Tow Center for Digital Journalism]. |date=August 25, 2017 Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
This article "Benjamen Walker" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Benjamen Walker. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.