Benjamin Butterworth (journalist)
He has spoken about his troubled early years and parents' drug addiction, writing in the Guardian newspaper: "My mum was a teenager when she fell pregnant with me. She was in love with a man 10 years older, and after I was born it was decided that my father’s relatives would raise me just outside Manchester. No one spoke about Mum – I never saw any baby pictures or birth certificate. I assumed I’d been an accident."
Butterworth has written for mainstream newspapers and magazines, including The Independent, and The Guardian.
In 2014, he interviewed former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair for Gay Times magazine's 30th anniversary, subsequently writing a column in The Guardian newspaper explaining that he considered the politician a "gay icon".
In the 2011 local elections he stood for election to Cheshire East council, losing to the Conservative Party candidate.
Butterworth served as Chair of London Young Labour in 2016. During his tenure he was involved in a 'brawl' with security staff at a bar in Liverpool, with both sides accusing each other of assault.
- "Benjamin Butterworth".
- "Blairites are pricing out working-class members, says Labour youth wing". 1 February 2016.
- Butterworth, Benjamin (31 July 2015). "Experience: I first met my mother at a party" – via The Guardian.
- Butterworth, Benjamin (26 September 2014). "Why Tony Blair is a gay icon - Benjamin Butterworth". the Guardian. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Express, Macclesfield (21 April 2011). "Candidate profiles - Wilmslow Dean Row".
- "Blairites are pricing out working-class members, says Labour youth wing". independent.co.uk. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Collingwood, Daisy (2016-09-28). "Labour rising star in brawl outside Walkabout". liverpoolecho. Retrieved 2019-12-21.
This article "Benjamin Butterworth (journalist)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Benjamin Butterworth (journalist). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.