It has been suggested that Draft:BetKing (2) be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2020.
|Type of business||Limited liability company|
Type of site
|Founder(s)||Byron Petzer and Adekunle Adeniji|
|Key people||Gossy Ukanwoke (MD) Toyin Pinheiro (Chairman)|
|Parent||SV Gaming Limited|
|Alexa rank||26,045 (21 May 2020)|
|Launched||22 February 2018|
BetKing is an online bookmaker company that offers betting on major sporting events and virtual products operating in Nigeria. Traded under SV Gaming Limited,BetKing has more than 9 million customers and employs around 350 people globally. The website is licensed by the National Lottery Regulatory Commission, the Lagos State Lotteries Board (LSLB) with permission to operate in other parts of Nigeria. Thee Kenyan business is licensed by the Betting Control and Licensing Board in Kenya and the Ethiopian Lottery Board issued BetKing a license for its operations in Ethiopia.
BetKing was founded in 2018 at an event held in Lagos by Byron Petzer and Adekunle Adeniji. Prior to the launch of BetKing, the brand had previously been known as Naijawin247. Adekunle later left the company in May 2018 due to a conflict of ideas with his partner. Gossy Ukanwoke was appointed the Managing Director of BetKing in April 2019.
Awards and achievements
On 8 November 2018, BetKing won the Global Best Quality Sports Betting Company of the Year at the Global Quality Excellence Awards.
On 20 March 2019, BetKing was awarded the fastest-growing Sports Betting Company at the National Institute of Sports 25th Anniversary held in Lagos.
At the prestigious Trek Africa Awards 2019 organized by Trek Africa newspaper, BetKing won the Wealth Creation Bet Brand Company of the Year 2019 award.
In July 2019, Complete Sports ranked BetKing the company with the Best Odds at the 2019 Bettors Awards.
On 4 July 2019, BetKing announced its sponsorship of the sixth season of the Next Titans business reality TV show.
BetKing became the official sponsor of the Rep Your Club Fans Challenge in Ibadan after a memorandum was signed between the two parties in August 2019.
In 2019, BetKing signed a Multi-Million Naira sponsorship agreement with Africa's biggest beach soccer tournament, the COPA Lagos.
- Online gambling
- "betking.com Traffic Statistics". Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Oludare, Shina (23 February 2018). "Jay-Jay Okocha crowned King of the Game at BetKing launch | Goal.com". www.goal.com. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Monye, Alex (24 February 2018). "New Betking ambassador, Okocha, reveals secret to career success". guardian.ng. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Staff, Daily Post (16 November 2018). "BetKing wins best quality Sport Betting Company of the year". Daily Post Nigeria.
- Aghedo, Tomiwa (24 April 2019). "BetKing Wins Fastest Growing Sports Betting Company Of The Year". BetKing Wins Fastest Growing Sports Betting Company Of The Year. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Aghedo, Tomiwa (26 September 2019). "BetKing bags Wealth Creation Bet Brand Company of the Year 2019". BetKing bags Wealth Creation Bet Brand Company of the Year 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "BETKING WINS BETTING COMPANY WITH BEST ODDS AT 2019 NIGERIA BETTORS AWARD". All Sports Predictions. 6 August 2019.
- "The Battle of Entrepreneurs Begins As 16 Candidates Make It Into The House Of The Next Titan Nigeria". Linda Ikeji's Blog. 4 October 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Oluyole, Ibadan N'le (15 October 2019). "Chelsea Fans Win Rep Your Club Jersey Challenge". Ibadan Media. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Monye, Alex (11 November 2019). "Copa Lagos pledges continuous improvement for beach soccer tourney". guardian.ng. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
This article "BetKing" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:BetKing. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.