BigBasket (stylized as bigbasket) is an Indian online grocery and food products provider, founded in 2011. Headquartered in Bengaluru, the brand is run by Innovative Retail Concepts Private Limited in 30 Indian towns and cities. BigBasket sells fresh fruits and vegetables, grocery and staples, beverages, dairy and egg, meat, branded foods, personal care and household items via its website and mobile apps. With its pan-India presence, and a customer base of 6 million, BigBasket is the country's largest online grocer.
|Industry||Food and grocery|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
|Hari Menon (Co-founder, CEO), V. S. Sudhakar (Co-Founder), Vipul Parekh (Co-Founder, CFO, and CMO), V. S. Ramesh (Co-founder), Abhinay Choudhari (Co-founder)|
|Products 📟||Fresh fruits and vegetables, grocery and staples, beverages, dairy and egg, meat, branded foods, personal care, and household needs|
|Brands||Fresho, Royal, Tasties, Fresho Signature, HappyChef|
|Services||Marketplace for business to deliver orders from hyperlocal stores|
Number of employees
|Parent||SuperMarket Grocery Supplies|
In 1999, founders of BigBasket started Fabmart, one of the first online businesses in India. In 2001, they then started an online groceries business as a part of Fabmart. The founding members then went on to set up a physical retail chain called Fabmall which was a chain of grocery supermarkets in southern India. This business was sold in 2006, and eventually renamed More by the buyers, the Aditya Birla Group. The founders however were always keen on online grocery and in 2011, the same team regrouped and started BigBasket.
BigBasket partnered with state-owned Bengal Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited (BCPL) to deliver its industrial chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and home products to its customers in Kolkata. In April 2017, BigBasket partnered with SnapBizz, a retail technology firm to automate supply chain and inventory management for local grocery stores.
- Nature’s Basket
- ↑ Gupta, Soumya. "Competition Is Never A Threat Says Hari Menon CEO BigBasket". BW Disrupt. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "Amazon inks 60-day exclusivity agreement with BigBasket for potential acquisition". VCCircle. 2017-06-16. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "No plans to merge with Grofers or get acquired by Amazon: BigBasket CEO". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "Paytm Mall Looks To Acquire Stake In Online Grocery Firm Bigbasket". Inc42 Media. 2017-07-11. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "Can BigBasket help Amazon outrun Flipkart once and for all?". VCCircle. 2017-06-15. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "Amazon in talks to buy Indian online grocer BigBasket". The Economic Times. 2017-06-13. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- ↑ Sen, Anirban (2017-10-10). "Online groceries is the next battleground for e-commerce firms". www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- ↑ "Amazon in preliminary talks to buy India's largest online grocer BigBasket". The News Minute. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- ↑ "Everything You Wanted To Know About India's Largest Online Supermarket - Bigbasket.com ! - TechStory". TechStory. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "How BigBasket is breaking out of the pack in grocery e-tailing and what's next on cards | Techcircle". techcircle.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "Pharma company BCPL partners with BigBasket to expand its reach". Zee Business. 2017-05-20. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "BigBasket to deliver BPCL products in 90 minutes". news.franchiseindia.com. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ PTI (2017-04-29). "SnapBizz ties up with bigbasket". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- ↑ "SnapBizz partners with bigbasket". The Financial Express. 2017-04-29. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
This article "BigBasket" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.