Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd
The company specialises in flat rate recruitment services and makes available its own tailored full-featured recruitment technology platform (Octo) to their clients, in a range of licences.
The company's current clients include Saint-Gobain, Cats Protection, Everest and Bensons for Beds. The company is based in Yorkshire but places candidates all over the United Kingdom.
Blue Octopus was founded in January 2010 by brothers Liam and Chris Coleman. Initially operating out of Guiseley, they relocated to their current Otley premises, named “Octo House,” in May 2014. Local MP Greg Mulholland officially opened the new office.
In reference to the origin of the name, Liam states, “I was speaking with Chris and accidentally said, ‘the world’s your octopus,’ instead of ‘oyster,’ and the name stuck. We both loved it and ended up going with it.”
The company does not function as a traditional recruitment agency; it provides solutions to assist their clients with their own online recruitment, in addition to using a range of recruitment methods to attract candidates, including promotion on its own website.
Among the services Blue Octopus offers are:
- Bespoke advertisements and application forms
- Advertising of client vacancies on job boards and social media sites
- Approaching passive candidates
- Client handling of application processing including scoring and shortlisting of candidates through the company’s own recruitment software, Octo
- Web design, pay-per-click (PPC) and search engine optimisation (SEO) campaigns
- Candidate screening, including telephone interviews, psychometric tests and DBS checks
- Flat fee pricing structure
- 2014 - Blue Octopus win 'The Best Online Candidate Experience' award.
- 2013 - Blue Octopus won the 'Creative Offline Marketing' award and is the first recruitment company in Yorkshire to win an Onrec award.
- 2013 - Blue Octopus finished within the Top 10 Recruiter’s list for Jobsite's Recruit Rank 2013.
- 2012 - Blue Octopus was voted as one of the Top Ten recruitment companies in the UK for 2012.
- 2011 - Blue Octopus won ‘Best Candidate Communication’ and ‘Best Recruiter’ awards (Jobsite).
- 2010 - Blue Octopus won the ‘Most Improved Recruiter’ award (Jobsite).
- "Online recruitment solution from Yorkshire - Blue Octopus". Blue Octopus.
- "Recruitment Technology | Recuitment Software - Blue Octopus". Blue Octopus.
- "MP opens online recruitment firm's new Otley base". Wharfedale Observer. 22 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Yorkshire Online Recruitment Company open new 'Octo house' head office". OnRec.
- "Tailored Recruitment | Online Recruitment|Blue Octopus - Blue Octopus". Blue Octopus.
- "Additional Recruitment Services | Online Recruitment - Blue Octopus". Blue Octopus.
- "The Onrec Awards 2014 - Winners Announced". Online Recruitment Magazine. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Otley recruitment firm adds to awards collection". Ilkley Gazette. 7 April 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Award Winning Recruitment | Blue Octopus". Blue Octopus.
This article "Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.