Entrepreneur and Business Executive
Bobby Chacko is a U.S. entrepreneur who is best known for being a CEO in Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc., is an American agricultural cooperative of growers of cranberries and grapefruit headquartered in Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
In January 2018, Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc. board of directors has elected Bobby J. Chacko as president and CEO, as well as a member of the board. Prior to this appointment, he worked for CMO at Mars Inc.
In February 2020, Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc. has fired its president and CEO, Bobby Chacko, for violating the company's policy against harassment, the cooperative of more than 700 farmer families announced Tuesday. "At Ocean Spray, we have pledged to hold everyone accountable and ensure that every decision is made in the best interest of the cooperative," Peter Dhillon, chairman of Ocean Spray's board of directors said in a news release. "Bobby Chacko helped to right the ship at Ocean Spray and set us on a new path," Dhillon's statement continued. "However, no matter how valuable someone's contributions may be, we simply cannot accept a violation of our company policy." At Ocean Spray, he delivered, Chacko says, a significant and innovative renovation, completely transforming the 90-year-old company in the process. A spokesperson for Ocean Spray declined to provide details regarding the allegations raised against Chacko.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
- LaMonica, Martin. "Rational chief Mike Devlin to retire". ZDNet. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Ocean Spray Cranberries names new president and CEO". ProFood World. 2018-03-29. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Ocean Spray fires CEO for violating policy against harassment". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- News, E. I. N.; Hunter, Caroline (2020-07-23). "Bobby Chacko Reflects on 25 Years as a Transformational Leader in Business". EIN News. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- Schladebeck, Jessica. "Ocean Spray CEO fired over alleged violation of company's harassment policy". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|