|Single by The Alice Rose|
|B-side||"Wear That Cross"|
|Released||March 29, 2008|
|Format||cd single, 7" single|
|Recorded||February 25-26, 2007, at Arlyn Studios, Austin, Texas|
|Genre||indie rock, indie pop|
|Label||Emerald Wood Records|
|Producer(s)||The Alice Rose|
|The Alice Rose singles chronology|
"Body Offering" is a non-album single by the indie pop group, The Alice Rose, recorded February 25-26, 2007, at Arlyn Studios, in Austin, Texas, with engineer Aaron Horne, and released March 29, 2008, on Emerald Wood Records. Both songs were written by lead vocalist JoDee Purkeypile. It was the band's last release featuring guitarist Colin Slagle, who does not appear on the single's b-side, "Wear That Cross".
- Side A
"Body Offering" 2:30
- Side B
"Wear That Cross" 3:05
- The band filmed a music video for the single's b-side, "Wear That Cross", with director Jason Morris, which was filmed in Topsey, Texas, on Super 8 mm film. Morris originally intended the video for the song "Wisteria", from Phonographic Memory, but the band decided on "Wear That Cross" en route to the shoot, due to the fact that guitarist Colin Slagle was no longer in the band and did not appear on the song.
- "Wear That Cross" features a backwards guitar solo by JoDee, written in reverse and played back forwards, inspired by The Beatles' "I'm Only Sleeping" from their 1966 album Revolver.
- The photographs on the single's sleeve were taken by Chris' wife Rebecca Sensat at the Topsey, Texas ranch during the filming of the video.
- JoDee Purkeypile: Lead vocals, Backing vocals, Rhythm guitar, Acoustic 12-string guitar, Lead Guitar ("Wear That Cross"), Piano ("Body Offering"), Percussion
- Sean Crooks: Bass
- Chris Sensat: Drums
- Brendan Rogers: Organ, Piano ("Wear That Cross")
- Max Berendt: Congas ("Wear That Cross")
- Jennifer Marchand: Handclaps ("Body Offering")
- Produced by The Alice Rose
- Recorded February 25-26, 2007, at Arlyn Studio A, Austin, Texas
- Engineer: Aaron Horne
- Mixed by Aaron Horne and JoDee Purkeypile
- Mastered at Affordable Sound, Austin, Texas
This article "Body Offering" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.