Dr. Suborno Bose
|Born||16 June 1963|
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO at IIHM, International Institute of Hotel Management|
Dr. Suborno Bose was born in Kolkata, India in 1963. He is the Managing Director at IndiSmart Group of Hotels, Kolkata since 2002, and is the Founder & Chief Mentor of International Institute of Hotel Management. He is the Chairman of APIU Global Ltd., Edinburgh, UK since 2011. He is a Managing Committee Member at the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 2014. Dr. Bose is also the Founder of Young Chef Olympiad, which is the world's biggest culinary competition for young chefs.
Suborno Bose is the Managing Director of Zoom Enterprises Limited and the founder of Young Chef School Competition and International Young Chef Olympiad. In 1994, Bose founded the International Institute of Hotel Management or IIHM at Kolkata, India, a chain of hospitality and hotel management schools that has since expanded to 10 locations in India and worldwide.
Dr. Bose is currently member of the education, tourism & hospitality managing committees and sub-committees of various chambers of commerce and industry globally including the Confederation of Indian Industry, BCCI, FHRAI and the International Chamber of Commerce.
On 24th April 2016 Bose, in association with the International Hospitality Council (IHC), instituted the International Hospitality Day as an initiative for recognizing, celebrating, promoting and educating the best in the arena of hospitality. Today, International Hospitality Day is celebrated by over 50 countries and the world’s premier hospitality institutions to recognize the hospitality industry and its people.
Awards and honours
Bose was conferred Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration by Edinburgh Napier University, UK.
He holds the Honorary Award of the Doctorate of Science by the University of West London, UK.
In 2017, Dr. Bose presented Mr. Ratan Tata, Chairman of the Tata Group, with the 'Hall of Fame' Award for his contribution to the hospitality industry on the occasion of International Hospitality Day.
- "Double role & food for thought". epaper.telegraphindia.com.
- Press Trust of India. "India to host 5th Young Chef Olympiad in Jan | Business Standard News". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- Rishita Roy Chowdhury. "India to host global culinary competition for young chefs". The Sunday Guardian Live. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "World stage set for wok war". Telegraphindia.com. 2017-10-30. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "Young Chef Olympiad". The Tribune India. 2017-12-27. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "Why top culinary schools are turning their focus to the Indian market - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "Honorary graduates". Napier.ac.uk. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "The Young Chef Olympiad 2018 is going to be bigger and better". 2 August 2017.
This article "Bose Suborno" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bose Suborno. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.