C. P. Padmakumar
Chengazhisseri Purushotaman Padmakumar, was born in Trivandrum, Kerala, India on March 5, 1952. He graduated from the University of Kerala [BSc Botany] in 1973.
C.P. Padmakumar was a film maker and director of unique quality. He came out with his debut film "The Track" in 1977,a short film which was a striking piece of art harmoniously blending with deep philosophy; "the meaninglessness of hope and hopelessness." He had an eye for visual beauty, the kind that makes one plunge into wonder. Every frame in his films was a masterpiece, a symphony of fine visual orchestration. It is no wonder why Aravindan picked Padmakumar as his Art Director.
He was a painter & designer form the late 1960s. He printed and published the literary magazine "Nithyatha". Nithyatha was one of the pioneering modern literary magazines in Kerala during the early 70's.
|The Track||Director||1977||Short Film|
|Kanchana Sita||Assistant Director||1977||Feature Film|
|Thampu (The Circus Tent)||Assistant Director||1978||Feature Film|
|Kummatty||Assistant Director||1979||Feature Film|
|Esthappan||Assistant Director||1980||Feature Film|
|Chidambaram||Associate Director||1985||Feature Film|
|The day of silence||Director||1986||Feature Film|
|Oridathu||Art Director||1987||Feature Film|
|Marattam||Art Director||1988||Feature Film|
|Unni||Assistant Director||1989||Feature Film|
|Vasthuhara||Art Director||1991||Feature Film|
|Swam||Art Director||1994||Feature Film|
|Take Care||Director||2010||Short Film|
|Food Security||Director||2011||Short Film|
|Mind that Flows (Unpublished)||Director/Narrator||-||Docu-Fiction|
- Aparna [Malayalam 1981] - Kerala State film Award for Black & white Cinematography
- Sammohanam [Malayalam, 1994] - Edinburgh Film Festival, UK [Awarded Best of Fest].
- Fukuoka Asian Film Festival At Fukuoka, Japan [Special mention for artistic excellence].
- Manheim Film Festival, Germany, as official entry in the competitive section Fribourg Film Festival , Switzerland.
- Bradford Film Festival, UK, as official entry.
- The Track  – Debut film, A philosophical film that dealt with the despondency of old age.
- The day of silence  – A film on leprosy shot at the sanatoriums of Nooranad and Vattappara, Kerala, with an interview of Sri. Baba Amte.
- Niramizhikal  – A film for India Population project.
- Independence  – Indian Independence through the eyes of freedom fighters.
- Gathy  – A short film on two wheeler Road safety precautions.
- Savari  – On safe Autorikshaw driving.
- Bakel  – A film for tourism promotion for Bakel Tourism Development Corporation.
- Take Care  – A short film on safe school bus driving.
- Food Security  – Documentary for Kudumbasree mission.
On April 12, 2012, He was admitted to a Hospital in Ernakulam and was diagnosed with a form of liver cancer, Cholangiocarcinoma. On May 12, 2012, he passed away.
- ".:CPP Foundation:". www.cppadmakumarfoundation.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
This article "C. P. Padmakumar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:C. P. Padmakumar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.