COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States
Template:Use Commonwealth English
|Location||Commonwealth of Independent States|
|First case||Tyumen and Chita|
|Arrival date||31 January 2020|
|Origin||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
The COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States covers the Commonwealth of Independent States, that is part of the ongoing pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The CIS is a international organisation consisting of post-Soviet states that came in being after the fall of the Soviet Union.
The virus was confirmed to have spread to Russia on 31 January 2020, when two Chinese citizens in Tyumen, Siberia and Chita, Russian Far East tested positive for the virus, with both cases being contained. Early prevention measures included restricting the border with China and extensive testing.
In February, Russia sent COVID-19 tests to CIS states like Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan and planned to send them to Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to aid CIS nations in their response to the pandemic. On 29 May, the Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov, after a meeting of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of CIS countries, said the CIS was responding "promptly" to the outbreak, instituting effective countermeasures, and increasing cooperation. On 2 June, The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Coordination Council on Sanitary Protection met to discuss implementation and CIS-wide joint action planning to combat COVID-19. Health agencies from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan all met to discuss the pandemic.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, steel production in the Commonwealth of Independent States fell 7.6% year over year in May. Because of the pandemic, Armenia decided not to send athletes to the first CIS Games held in Kazan.
- COVID-19 pandemic in Europe
- COVID-19 pandemic in Asia
- LYMAR, Anton (2020-02-03). "Russia to provide EAEU, CIS countries with test systems to diagnose coronavirus". 24.kg. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- "Russia FM: CIS promptly responding to coronavirus pandemic". news.am. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- "Врачи в странах СНГ усиливают сотрудничество в борьбе с коронавирусом". Вечерний Бишкек. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- "Russian watchdog to develop CIS joint action plan to combat infectious diseases". TASS. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- Egbaria, Fouad (2020-06-23). "May global crude steel production drops 8.7% year over year". Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Stainless, Rare Earth, Metal Prices, Forecasting | MetalMiner. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- "Armenia won't send athletes to CIS Games due to COVID-19 concerns". Reuters. 2020-07-07. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- Coronavirus Updates in Asia – Daily updated totals of the virus in Asia
- Mapping the corona pandemic at subnational European level
Others articles of the Topics Coronavirus disease 2019 AND Medicine : TrumpVirus, List of cancellations, closures and postponements in California during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, List of SARS outbreaks, List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
Others articles of the Topic Coronavirus disease 2019 : List of healthcare workers who died during COVID-19 pandemic, List of SARS outbreaks, List of cancellations, closures and postponements in California during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic, TrumpVirus
Others articles of the Topic Russia : Russian Orthodox Church, Rusneftegaz, E-Dostluk, List of authoritarian regimes supported by the Soviet Union or Russia, RC CSKA Moscow, Russia–United States proxy conflict, Aliya Prokofyeva
Others articles of the Topic Medicine : List of diagnoses from House (TV series), Oxygen therapy, Yakup Avşar, Adventist Health Howard Memorial Hospital, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Electroftalm, List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
This article "COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.