|CYGNOSIC performing live at Rock House Moscow|
CYGNOSIC performing live at Rock House, Moscow on 28th of October 2018.
|Genres||Dark electro, industrial, EBM|
|Labels||DWA, Black Rain, BLC Productions|
CYGNOSIC (pronounced /saɪɡˈnəʊsɪk/ and usually appears in capital letters) is a Greek electronic music project created by the musician and programmer Georg Psaroudakis (Greek: Γεώργιος Ψαρουδάκης). Musically, it belongs to the Dark Electro/Industrial/EBM electronic music sub-genres and it has a recognisable sound that consists of characteristic melodic sounds combined with death metal vocals. The band in the studio is a one-man project and it is based in Athens, Greece.
Formation and early years
Cygnosic as a music act first appeared in late 2006 on Myspace, presenting tracks and networking with audience. At 2007 the band was discovered by Brandon L. Clark, manager of the Industrial Music Label BLC Productions based on Little Rock, Arkansas and was offered a full-length album deal. During 2008 Georg Psaroudakis wrote a full-length album and entered the studio to record a full-length album with the sound engineer Dimitris Douvras of Lunatech Sounds Studio on mixing and mastering. In early 2009 the debut album "A Deity In Pain" was released and distributed by Metropolis Records of in North America and by E-Noxe in Europe. After a year, BLC Productions terminates its operations and releases all its bands from their contracts. During 2010 Cygnosic starts performing on electronic concerts around Greece while writing the second full-length album. While samples of the second album were sent to all major Dark Electro/Industrial labels, Cygnosic gets rediscovered by Jamie Nova, manager of DWA (Digital World Audio, former Deathwatch Asia) electronic music label based in Osaka, Japan and enters DWA's roster. After an introductory EP release, the second full-length album titled "Fallen" was released in 2011.
Intermediate to present time
In 2013 the third studio album titled "Fire And Forget" was released in two versions, a European one by the German label Black Rain and an international one by DWA. Cygnosic starts touring in Russia, United Kingdom and the rest of the Europe in order to promote the album. Later in 2013 a motivational YouTube video was uploaded introducing for the first time the bodybuilder Calum Von Moger working out with Cygnosic music. The video became viral with millions of views and introduced Cygnosic to a widely larger audience beyond the genre. Since then, Cygnosic's "Mad Desire" can be found in countless motivational videos online. A single of "Crawl" track was released shortly after in 12'' picture vinyl. In 2014 Georg Psaroudakis enters the studio to write the fourth eponymous album which consists of an electronic one and a metal one which consists of the metal versions of selected electro tracks picked from all albums, re-recorded from scratch having Georg Psaroudakis playing himself the drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and of course doing the vocals. The electronic one was released prior to the double disc version as a promotional move in the German Orkus magazine printed in 62,000 copies in its anniversary issue for the 20 years of the magazine. In 2015 an EP titled "The Key[s]" was released in vinyl, followed by a new video clip. In 2016 after a series of concerts around Europe, the creation of the fifth album titled "Siren" was in process alongside with the support of a successful crowdfunding campaign and was released in DigiBook in 2017. From the beginning of its discography to the present day, Cygnosic has done remixes for other bands and was remixed by other bands more than 90 times, has performed in concerts around the world and appeared in festivals like WGT (Leipzig (Germany)), Summer Darkness (Utrecht Netherlands), Resistanz (Sheffield UK) and many more, sharing the stage with dozens of acts of the genre.
- A Deity In Pain (2009)
- Fallen (2011)
- Fire And Forget (2013)
- Cygnosic (2015) which consists of 2 albums: Disc/LP A: Pitch Black (Electronic album), DIsc/LP B: Snow White (Metal Versions of selected Cygnosic tracks)
- Siren (2017)
EPs and singles
Reissues of sold out albums
- A Deity In Pain Reborn (2012)
- Fire And Forget Memorial Edition (2015)
- Fire And Forget Extended Version (2017)
- Cygnosic Extended Edition - Electronic Music disc only (2018)
- As We Approach The End (2013)
- This Is The Night (2013)
- Light (2014)
- The Key (2016)
- Blindfold - White (2016)
- "CYGNOSIC | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos". Myspace. Retrieved 2019-02-12.[non-primary source needed]
- "Lunatech Sounds Studio". Facebook. Retrieved 2019-02-13.[non-primary source needed]
- "CygnosiC - A Deity In Pain (album review ) | Sputnikmusic". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Reviews » | Chain D.L.K." www.chaindlk.com. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "darknation.eu :: View topic - CygnosiC - A deity in pain (2009)". darknation.eu. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "CygnosiC | Digital World Audio". Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Review: Cygnosic - One Step Forward | Brutal Resonance". www.brutalresonance.com. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- One Step Forward, retrieved 2019-02-13
- "Review: Cygnosic - Fallen | Brutal Resonance". www.brutalresonance.com. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Fallen, retrieved 2019-02-13
- Fallen (Omega Edition) by CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- "Review: Cygnosic - Fire And Forget | Brutal Resonance". www.brutalresonance.com. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Fire and Forget, retrieved 2019-02-13
- Fire and Forget - Extended Edition by CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- Miguel Valenzuela (2013-08-19), Mad Desire - Calum Von Moger - APTech Films, retrieved 2019-02-12
- "CygnosiC — Crawl, a playlist on Spotify". Spotify. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "CygnosiC – Crawl EP | Kallisti Design". Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- CygnosiC (Extended Edition) by CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- CygnosiC (White) by CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- CygnosiC (White), retrieved 2019-02-13
- "Das Magazin für Dark Rock - Electro - Gothic - Dark Metal & more". orkus.de. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Cygnosic – The Key[s] (Digital EP – Digital World Audio) – Side-Line Music Magazine". Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "CygnosiC – The Key(S)". ReGen Magazine. 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- The Key(S), retrieved 2019-02-13
- DWA (2016-04-15), CYGNOSIC - The Key (Official Music Video), retrieved 2019-02-12
- "CygnosiC: SIREN - The 5th Album (Special Editions)". PledgeMusic. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "CYGNOSIC , Siren , Music, CD review". peek-a-boo-magazine.be. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Cygnosic – Siren (CD Album – Digital World Audio) – Side-Line Music Magazine". Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Cygnosic – "Siren" | Elektroskull.com". Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Siren (Extended Edition) by CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- "CYGNOSIC". cygnosic.gr. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "~ Official Website Wave-Gotik-Treffen Leipzig ~". wave-gotik-treffen.de. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Summer Darkness 2013 informatie op Festivalinfo". festivalinfo.nl. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- A Deity in Pain Reborn by CygnosiC, retrieved 2019-02-13
- A Deity in Pain Reborn, retrieved 2019-02-13
- "CygnosiC - A Deity In Pain Reborn User Opinions - sputnikmusic". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Admin |. "CYGNOSIC – Fire And Forget (2CD Memorial Edition) | Digital World Audio". Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Cygnosic – Fire And Forget / Extended Edition (CD Album – Digital World Audio) – Side-Line Music Magazine". Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- DWA (2013-03-02), CygnosiC - As We Approach The End (Official Music Video), retrieved 2019-02-12
- DWA (2013-07-09), CygnosiC - This Is The Night (Official Music Video), retrieved 2019-02-12
- DWA (2014-04-30), CYGNOSIC - Light (Official Music Video), retrieved 2019-02-12
- DWA (2016-09-30), CYGNOSIC - Blindfold (White) - Official Music Video, retrieved 2019-02-12
This article "CYGNOSIC" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CYGNOSIC. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.