Williams (left) being interviewed at Barbagallo Raceway
|Born||30 June 2000|
Perth, Western Australia
|Euroformula Open Championship career|
|Current team||Fortec Motorsport|
|Western Australia Formula Ford Championship|
Australian Formula 3
|2017||Australian Formula 3 Premier Series|
Calan Williams (born 30 June 2000) is an Australian racing driver.
Karting[edit | edit source]
Williams competed in karting championships across Western Australia, and in several race meetings around the country.
Lower formulae[edit | edit source]
Williams debuted in formula racing in 2015 in the Western Australian Formula Ford Championship with a round win on debut at Barbagallo Raceway. His first full season of Formula Ford was in 2016 in the Western Australian Formula Ford Championship winning several races, including the last five straight, finishing second in the championship.
He competed in the 2017 Australian Formula 3 Premier Series with Gilmour Racing. Williams took 11 race wins and 16 podiums finishing first in the series, winning the Premier Series.  During the series, he set the outright lap record at Morgan Park Raceway for the circuits K configuration, with a laptime of 1:07.948.
Euroformula Open[edit | edit source]
Williams signed for team Fortec Motorsport for the opening rounds of the 2018 Euroformula Open Championship, competing in the Euroformula Winter Series, he completed testing at the Circuito de Jerez and Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and placed seventh and ninth in two race at Circuit Paul Ricard.  Williams made his debut in Euroformula Open at Estoril Circuit in round one of the 2018 Euroformula Series. He qualified 10th for race 1 of the round , finishing 14th in the race and qualified ninth for race two in which he then finished in eleventh place. 
Racing record[edit | edit source]
Career summary[edit | edit source]
|2017||Australian Formula 3||Gilmour Racing||16||11||6||15||16||232||1st|
|2018||Euroformula Open Championship||Fortec Motorsport||2||0||0||0||0||0*||14th*|
* Season still in progress.
References[edit | edit source]
- Brown, Tyler (21 September 2017). "Australian Formula 3: Calan Williams takes out championship at 16". Community News Group. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Hensby, Paul (29 March 2018). "AUSTRALIAN F3 CHAMPION CALAN WILLIAMS JOINS EUROFORMULA OPEN FIELD WITH FORTEC". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- Herrebo, Dan (28 March 2018). "Aus F3 winner to race Euroformula Open". speedcafe.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- Brown, Tyler (10 April 2018). "Motorsport: Edgewater teen on fast track to F3 Euroformula Open after signing with Fortec team". Community News Group. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- Hensby, Paul (14 April 2018). "DRUGOVICH TAKES DOMINANT POLE POSITION FOR ESTORIL OPENER". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "WORLD WRAP: Piastri impresses in Eurocup debut". Speedcafe.com. 16 April 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Calan Williams" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Calan Williams. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.