Cheryl B. Preston
Cheryl Bailey Preston is contract law scholar, and "a nationally recognized expert in Internet regulation and a strong advocate for children in the fight against online pornography." She works with the CP80.org Foundation to fight internet child pornography, and is currently the Edwin M. Thomas endowed chair at the BYU J. Reuben Clark Law School.
Preston graduated from Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1975 with High Honors, majoring in English. She went on to BYU law school, J. Reuben Clark, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude and was awarded the Order of the Coif and was an articles editor for the flagship journal. Preston is a Latter-day Saint.
After graduating from J. Reuben Clark in 1979, Preston clerked for the Honorable Monroe G. McKay of the Tenth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals, in Utah. From 1981 to '83 she worked for the law firm of O'Melveny & Myers, in Los Angeles. She then returned to Utah where she worked for a law firm until being hired as in-house counsel by First Interstate Bank in Salt Lake City, Utah, where she stayed until 1989. The fall semester of '89, she began teaching at her alma mater, the J. Reuben Clark Law School, and has since become well known for her legal expertise in online contracting and the Infancy doctrine, among other areas of focus relating to contracts.
As a law professor, Preston has published numerous articles and works over the past two decades, including recent articles such as Legal Osmosis: The Role of Brain Science in Protecting Adolescents (with Brandon T. Crowther), 'The Spiritual Concept of Form and Function as One': Structure, Doctrine, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and All Knowledge is Not Equal: Facilitating Children’s Access to Knowledge by Making the Internet Safer. A list of her works can be found at her SSRN author page.
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Faculty Profiles, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-24. Retrieved 2011-07-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Curriculum Vitae, http://www.law2.byu.edu/faculty/profiles2009/vitae/CherylPreston1247601958.pdf
- Mormon Literature Database entry
- 43 HOFSTRA LAW REVIEW 447 (2014), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2574417
- 53(3) BYU STUDIES QUARTERLY 37 (2014), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2519158
- 13 INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATIONS LAW AND POLICY 115 (2009), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=30129
This article "Cheryl B. Preston" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cheryl B. Preston. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.