Chester Hugh McNulty
|30th Mayor of Melbourne, Florida|
December 10, 1935 – December 8, 1936
|Preceded by||I. Kimbell Hicks|
|Succeeded by||Lock Davidson|
Brevard County, Florida
|Political party||Republican Party|
|Spouse(s)||2nd Frances J., 1st Jennie May Limmer (or Larson) (divorced in 1939)|
|Children||Fred Hugh McNulty, Mary Lee McNulty, David Leroy McNulty, Howard McNulty, Warren E. McNulty, Clifford McNulty|
|Occupation||auctioneer, teacher, postmaster, banker|
Chester Hugh McNulty (1889–1957) was a banker. Commencing with the Bank of Melbourne, Florida in 1934, he founded Florida’s McNulty group of 10 banks, which banks became the lead group of Florida’s newly formed Flagship Banks, Inc. in 1974. The Miami-based Flagship Banks, Inc. was by 1983 Florida’s 5th largest bank group having 3.3 billion dollars in assets. Sun Banks, Inc., then Florida's third largest bank group, acquired Flagship Banks, Inc. in 1984.
McNulty served as the chairman of the Florida Republican Party from 1937 to 1941. He was the mayor of Melbourne, Florida from 1935 to 1936. McNulty was a delegate to the Republican National Convention from Florida, in 1932 (alternate), 1936, 1940, and 1944.
Death and legacy
The son of Michael McNulty and Flora McNulty, Chester Hugh McNulty was killed in a head-on collision with a truck. Chester Hugh McNulty's son (Chester) Howard McNulty, a member of the Florida Bar '65, served as president of Flagship Banks, Inc. and in various board positions there from 1974-1984 and as vice chairman of Sun Banks, Inc. from 1984-1986. In 1986, he became president of Florida's Enterprise Bank, N.A. He retired from this position in 1993. Howard McNulty received a BBA '57 and a JD '64 from the University of Florida. Chester Hugh McNulty's son Clifford McNulty was a member of the Florida House of Representatives representing Florida's 73rd House district from 1967-1970.
- Find A Grave
- "United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VTHQ-2Y6 : accessed 15 Apr 2013), Chester H Mcnulty, Melbourne, Election Precinct 5, Brevard, Florida, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 5-10, sheet 1B, family 14, NARA digital publication T627, roll 575.
- "Florida, Deaths, 1877-1939," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPZN-B8N : accessed 15 Apr 2013), Chester H Mcnulty in entry for Mary Lee Mcnulty, 24 Jan 1929.
- Political Graveyard
- "Florida, Divorce Index, 1927-2001," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VK7C-D2G: accessed 15 Apr 2013), Chester H Mcnulty and Jennie Limmer, 1939.
- Orlando Sentinel
-  Joyce, F.S. “Sun Banks of Florida Bids for Flagship Group” New York Times May 10, 1983, Business
-  Michael, K. "Sun Bank, Inc. Aims for Smooth Merger With Trust Co. of Georgia" Orlando Sentinel March 4, 1985
I. Kimbell Hicks
| Mayor of Melbourne, Florida
December 10, 1935–December 8, 1936
|This article about a mayor in Florida is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Chester McNulty" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chester McNulty. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.