Chew on This
Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want to Know about Fast Food, first published in 2006, is an adaptation of Fast Food Nation for younger readers by Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson.
This book follows the general plot structure of Fast Food Nation but simplifies its predecessor's original content to make it more readable for younger children. The book is mainly a critique of the fast food industry. It tends to focus on McDonald's but covers all fast food in general. It goes on to mention production, labor conditions, and the negative health effects of fast food, production, and labor conditions. This book also retells the history of fast food, from the man who invented the first hamburgers to the creation of fast food companies. It covers such content as the way chickens die at a slaughterhouse; how meatpacking has become more dangerous than it was back in the times of the Chicago Stock Yards, cutting approximately 400 cattle an hour; and how the average child sees approximately 40,000 advertisements a year, half of which are for fast food, candy, breakfast cereals, and soda.
The book has been published twice: once in hardcover, and once in paperback; including a new foreword. The paperback version of the book was first published in 2006 by Penguin Books. It has 318 pages.
Critical reception has been positive. Common Sense Media gave the book 4/5 stars, writing that "The photographs seem randomly placed throughout the book, and the narrative can wander a bit. Even so, teens probably will be inspired to rethink their habits." BookPage also gave a favorable review.
- ""Chew on This": An Interview with Charles Wilson, Curriculum Review, 2007-Ja". Curriculum Review. 46 (5): 14. January 2007. ISSN 0147-2453.
- "Chew on This, Eric Schlosser & Charles Wilson". KQED. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- Larsson, Minna-Leena (2008-09-22). "Chew on This: Everything You Don't Want To Know About Fast Food". Childhood Education. 85 (1): 56–58.
- Pavao, Kate (2010-03-30). "Chew on This - Book Review". Common Sense Media. Retrieved 2021-04-14. Unknown parameter
- "Book Review - Chew on This by Eric Schlosser". BookPage.com. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
Other articles of the topic Children's literature : Slawter, Bicycle Hills, Aussie Nibbles, Fair Dinkum Histories, Phillip W. Simpson, Stan Lee (Judge Dredd), Toad Catchers' Creek
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- https://sites.google.com/site/lucasprintzenglish12captstone/home/non-fiction-texts[permanent dead link]
This article "Chew on This" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chew on This. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.