Christ the King Child and Adolescent Center
|Christ the King Child and Adolescent Center|
Centro Cristo Rey del Niño y Adolescente
South Panamerican Highway
|Director||Herrera Miranda Helizabeth|
|Earlier||Christ the King Child Worker Center|
Christ the King Child and Adolescent Center Portuguese: Centro Cristo Rey Del Niño y Adolescente began in 1987 as a means of delivering education to street children in Tacna, Peru, and continues as a work of the Society of Jesus delivering education, health care, pastoral care, and other family assistance.
Christ the King Child and Adolescent Center began through the initiative of Jeff Thielman from the Jesuit Boston College in the United States, a volunteer at the Jesuit Cristo Rey College in Tacna, who was impressed by the enthusiasm of street children who needed only an education to better their life. In 2008 the name was changed to Cristo Rey Child and Adolescent Center (CCRNA). In 2009 CCRNA became an Alternative Basic Education Center (CEBA), assisting those ages nine through adulthood in completing their education. The goal of the center continues to be integral development for the poor in the areas of education, health, pastoral care, and family life.
The twenty-fifth anniversary celebration of CCRNA in 2012 brought together Bishop Marco Antonio Cortez Lara, Archbishop Pedro Barreto, and many representatives of civil and religious organizations. The mayor of Tacna declared the founder of the center, Jeff Thielman, "Outstanding Citizen of Tacna" and awarded him the Emblem of the City.
- Catholic Church in Peru
- Education in Peru
- Learning, UNESCO Institute for Lifelong (2017-06-21). "Effective Literacy Programmes". litbase.uil.unesco.org. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- www.mpfn.gob.pe, Minsiterio Publico Fiscalia de la Nacion -. "Ministerio Publico - Fiscalia de la Nacion ::." portal.mpfn.gob.pe (in español). Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- Munoz, Amanda. "Historia del Centro Cristo Rey del Niño y Adolescente de TACNA, Es mi Perú". Es mi Perú (in español). Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- "Compañía de Jesús in Tacna". www.ccr.edu.pe (in español). Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- "Concierto de Juan José Chuquisengo en Tacna". Jesuitas en la Prensa (in español). Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- Centro Cristo Rey del Niño y Adolescente profile at Es Mi Peru (in Spanish)
This article "Christ the King Child and Adolescent Center" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Christ the King Child and Adolescent Center. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.