This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters 🏙️||North Brunswick, NJ, United States|
Area served 🗺️
|Christian Kopfli (CEO) |
Kenneth Kashkin (COO)
Kambiz Shekdar (Scientific Advisory Board)
Dennis Sawchuk (Vice President, Flavor Sciences)
Tina Garyantes (Vice President, Therapeutics)
Marcus Sands (Vice President, Legal Affairs & Corporate Development)
Shari Joslin (Vice President, Commercial Development)
Heikki Mansikka (Vice President, Clinical Development)
Deborah Beckwith (Senior Director, Finance)
Number of employees
Chromocell is a biotechnology company located in the Technology Center of New Jersey in North Brunswick. The company utilizes its patented technology, Chromovert, to enable the creation of targets for drug and flavor discovery research. These biologically relevant in vitro models allow for accurate and efficient high throughput screening to find new compounds for a broad range of applications.
Chromocell was founded in 2002 by Kambiz Shekdar and Christian Kopfli to commercialize the proprietary Chromovert technology. The company has since grown to over 100 people and is focused on the discovery and development of pain therapeutics and flavor modulators.
In 2008, to support its flavor discovery efforts, Chromocell launched a sensory research company, Gustatec, providing analytical sensory and customer preference assessment across a range of consumer goods categories including: food and beverages, flavor ingredients and specialty applications.
In 2016, the company launched its FlavorHealth business, focused on developing taste modulators for salt and sweet taste enhancement, to reduce sugar and salt in food and beverages. The FlavorHealth solutions are natural flavors that enable healthier food and beverages without compromising taste.
Research, Collaborations, and Pipeline
Chromocell is focused on the discovery and development of new therapies to treat neuropathic and other painful conditions. The company recognized an unmet medical need for a non-addictive pain reliever that did not have significant side effects. A family, who did not experience pain, (CIPD, congenital insensitivity to pain) but who were otherwise normal had been identified and shown to have nerves that did not transmit the sense of pain to their brains because of a mutation in one voltage-gated sodium channel, NaV1.7.
NaV1.7 is a complex, difficult to express multi-subunit protein. Chromocell applied its Chromovert Technology to develop a drug discovery platform for the identification of NaV1.7 inhibitors. Chromocell created a platform of cells expressing multiple protein subunits that compose the NaV1.7 and other sodium channels. The platform gives Chromocell an efficient way to identify inhibitors of NaV1.7 and other sodium channels that work in numerous pain models.
In 2015, Chromocell announced a license and collaboration agreement with Astellas Pharma to develop and commercialize its peripherally restricted Nav1.7 antagonist, CC8464/ASP1807. In 2016, Chromocell and Astellas Pharma announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Fast Track designation to the development of CC8464/ASP1807, for the management of neuropathic pain associated with idiopathic small fiber neuropathy (iSFN). The drug candidate is currently in Phase 1 clinical trials.
Chromocell is focused on the discovery of flavor molecules to create natural flavor enhancers in three key areas: sugar reduction, sodium reduction, and bitter balancing. Since inception, Chromocell has advanced multiple flavors molecules through FEMA GRAS determination.
Chromocell and The Coca-Cola Company have an ongoing agreement to collaborate in the flavors and sweeteners area that was recently extended by entering into a new multi-year research and development agreement. Chromocell, uses its proprietary technology, focuses on the discovery of natural compounds that can be developed into great-tasting sweeteners and flavors.
In 2012, Chromocell and Nestle, the leading Nutrition, Health, and Wellness Company, joined efforts and entered into a collaboration to focus on the discovery of novel ingredients to reduce sodium in foods. The collaboration was extended in 2016, reaffirming the commitment both companies share to develop nutritious, tasty foods with less salt.
Chromocell Corporation was listed in NJBIZ’s September 15, 2008 issue as one of the top New Jersey biotechnology firms.
Chromocell Corporation CEO, Christian Kopfli, was awarded the Ernst & Young (EY) 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year, New Jersey Bio Pharmaceuticals category.
- Genome editing using effector oligonucleotides for therapeutic treatment (WO2014151994 A1), retrieved 2017-09-13 Unknown parameter
|inventor-first=ignored (help); Unknown parameter
- "FlavorHealth™ Launches at IFT’16 with Natural Flavor Solutions to Improve Health and Taste of Foods and Beverages". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- Corporation, Chromocell. "Astellas and Chromocell Announce License and Collaboration Agreement to Develop and Commercialize New Therapies to Treat Neuropathic Pain". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- Corporation, Chromocell. "Chromocell and Astellas Announce FDA Fast Track Designation and First Subject Dosing with Lead Candidate CC8464/ASP1807 for the Management of Neuropathic Pain Associated with iSFN". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- Corporation, Chromocell. "Chromocell Announces Initiation of Multiple Ascending Doses Portion of Phase 1 Clinical Trial". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- news, Margot Kim,anchor,health watch,abc30,action (2017-12-10). "New Treatment for Neuropathy: Medicine's Next Big Thing?". ABC30 Fresno. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "Could a pufferfish be the next big thing for neuropathy..." www.ksat.com. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- Corporation, Chromocell. "Chromocell Announces Extension of Collaboration with The Coca-Cola Company". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- Corporation, Chromocell. "Nestlé and Chromocell extend collaboration to find alternatives to salt". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- NJBIZ.com - Business Lists - Biotechnology Firms[permanent dead link]
- Corporation, Chromocell. "Chromocell's Christian Kopfli is EY 2016 New Jersey's Biopharma Entrepreneur of the Year". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
This article "Chromocell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.