|Initial release||30 January 2008|
4.6.2 / April 2020
|Operating system||macOS (Mac OS Yosemite or later)|
|Available in||13 languages|
List of languages
Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
Search CleanMyMac on Amazon.
CleanMyMac is utility software developed by MacPaw for macOS. It helps users remove unneeded files and get an overview of what is slowing down their computer
The first version of CleanMyMac was released in July 2008. MacPaw founder Oleksandr Kosovan wrote the code himself. 
CleanMyMac 2 was released in March 2013 and included an iPhoto library cleanup tool, large and old file finder, and other improvements. CleanMyMac 3 followed in April 2015 and introduced tools to remove iTunes junk, mail attachments, cookies and unwanted browser extensions.
The latest version, CleanMyMac X, came out in September 2018. It added a malware detection tool, a visual tool to find large files called Space Lens and an update tab for installed apps.
CleanMyMac is a suite of 14 tools that optimize and protect a user’s hard drives. It has a “Smart Scan” feature that scans for obsolete and orphaned files, detects malware, and runs maintenance scripts. It cleans files from the system, mail attachments, and trash bins. The program also has an application uninstaller, update tool for apps, scanner for large and old files and manager for browser history and personal data.
- OS X 10.10+
- 145 MB of free disk space
CleanMyMac X received the iF Design Award 2020 in the category Software Application.
- ↑ "MacPaw releases CleanMyMac X". entrepreneur.com. 2018-09-05. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "Why Apple Evangelist Oleksandr Kosovan Is Competing With His Favorite Company". entrepreneur.com. 2019-06-18. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "Review: CleanMyMac 2 removes unnecessary files to free up storage spac". macworld.com. 2013-04-24. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "CleanMyMac 3 will clean your iTunes clutter, mail attachments, and more". imore.com. 2015-04-07. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "MacPaw releases CleanMyMac X". techcrunch.com. 2018-09-05. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "Keep Your Mac in Top Shape With CleanMyMac X". makeuseof.com. 2019-06-10. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "CleanMyMac X: Finally a Mac-Cleaning App That Doesn't Suck!". macobserver.co. 2018-10-24. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- ↑ "CleanMyMac X / Software Application". ifworlddesignguide.com. 2020-04-02. Retrieved 2020-04-07.
This article "CleanMyMac" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CleanMyMac. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.