Please note: This draft should not be submitted for review / moved to the mainspace until filming has begun, per WP:NFF.
|Directed by||Kevin Smith|
|Produced by||Kevin Smith|
|Screenplay by||Kevin Smith|
Clerks III is an upcoming American comedy film written, produced, and directed by Kevin Smith. Serving as the sequel to his 1994 film and 2006 film, the film stars Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Marilyn Ghigliotti, Jason Mewes, and Smith, and picks up with the original characters from Clerks and Clerks II: Dante Hicks, Randal Graves, Veronica Loughran, and Jay and Silent Bob.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
During press for Clerks II, Smith briefly discussed the possibility of a Clerks III. Stating that "if there's ever gonna be a Clerks III, it would be somewhere down the road in my 40s or 50s, when it might be interesting to check back in on Dante and Randal. But I don't know about Jay and Bob so much, 'cause at 45, leaning on a wall in front of a convenience store might be a little sad." Smith repeated this sentiment on one of the audio commentary tracks on the Clerks II DVD, to which Jeff Anderson jokingly replied, "Oh, don't get me started", referring to Anderson's well known doubts about making Clerks II when first approached by Smith.
On March 29, 2012, Smith expressed his interest in producing Clerks III as a Broadway play after seeing the Theresa Rebeck comedy Seminar starring Alan Rickman, with whom Smith had previously worked on Dogma.
On December 7, 2012, Smith stated on his Twitter account that he planned for Clerks III to be his last directorial effort, and that he would start working on it "the minute Jeff Anderson signs on".
On December 10, 2012, Smith released a special Hollywood Babble-On episode, Hollywood Babble-On #000: GIANT SIZED ANNUAL # 1: CLERKS III, AUDIENCE 0, in which he revealed greater details on his plans for Clerks III. Smith stated that an ongoing audit over residuals from Clerks II with The Weinstein Company was causing a delay in several key Clerks III cast and crew members, including Anderson and Scott Mosier, from coming on board until the audit was resolved. Smith also revealed that he would like to crowdsource Clerks III, either through Kickstarter or Indiegogo, with contributors receiving anything from DVDs, posters, and even roles as extras in the film. On June 5, 2013, he changed his mind on crowdsourcing, stating "I've got access to money. And worst-case scenario, I can put up my house."
Smith worked on a script for Clerks III from March to May 2013, stating when he completed it that it was "The Empire Strikes Back" of the series. In July 2013, Mewes stated that they were now just waiting to hear back from The Weinstein Company about funding.
On September 26, 2014, Smith stated on his Hollywood Babble-On podcast, that he was glad that he made Tusk, stating, "Everything in my life would suck right now if I hadn't made that movie. I'm back in movies now. I've got three lined up, and this is the fucking grand news. Tusk was the absolute bridge to Clerks III. Because of Tusk, I got my financing for Clerks III". Smith continued: "A year and change ago, I was trying to fucking desperately get Clerks III made for the 20th anniversary. And that desperation, I must have reeked of it, because I couldn't fucking find money and shit. But it was Tusk, it was people going 'Holy fuck! What else do you have?' And I was like, Clerks III, done. So everybody that's like, 'He failed, he failed', thank you - I failed into Clerks III. So, never trust anybody when they tell you how your story goes, man. You know your story. You write your own story.”
There were plans to start shooting Clerks III in May 2015, but these were put on hold to film another sequel, Mallrats 2. However, by June 2016 the plans for a Mallrats sequel had been turned into plans for a Mallrats TV series.
On February 9, 2017, Smith revealed on Facebook that Clerks III "can't happen" as "one of our four leads opted out of the flick". At a panel at Nashville Comicon it was revealed that Smith was referring to Jeff Anderson.
In July 2019, Smith announced that he'll do a live reading of Clerks III at the First Avenue Playhouse in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey. The reading was held on August 3, 2019. That same month, Smith has revealed at San Diego Comic Con that he's writing a new script for Clerks III and promises to make the film.
On October 1, 2019, Smith confirmed on Instagram that Clerks III was happening and that Jeff Anderson agreed to reprise his role as Randal. "It’ll be a movie that concludes a saga. It’ll be a movie about how you’re never too old to completely change your life. It’ll be a movie about how a decades-spanning friendship finally confronts the future. It’ll be a movie that brings us back to the beginning—a return to the cradle of civilization in the great state of #newjersey. It’ll be a movie that stars Jeff and @briancohalloran, with me and Jay in supporting roles. And it’ll be a movie called CLERKS III!"
References[edit | edit source]
- Johnson, Neala (August 24, 2006). "Silent Bob speaks". Herald Sun.
- "Kevin Smith Eyes Bringing Clerks to Broadway". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2012-12-11. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Kevin Smith on Kickstarter: I'd Rather Take a Second Mortgage Out". Thewrap.com. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- West, Kelly (8 March 2013). "Kevin Smith Has Started Writing Clerks III". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (13 May 2013). "Kevin Smith's 'Clerks 3' Script Is 137 Pages Long, Says It Will Be The 'Empire Strikes Back' Of The Series". Indie Wire. Archived from the original on 2013-06-07. Retrieved 13 May 2013. Unknown parameter
- IGN (15 July 2013). "Up At Noon - Clerks' Jason Mewes Helps Explain GTA V". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Kevin Smith Reveals Clerks III Now Has Financing Due To Tusk". Comicbook.com. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Melrose, Kevin (April 8, 2015). "'Mallrats 2′ Will Be Kevin Smith's Next Film". Comic Book Resources. Weiland, Jonah. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Kickham, Dylan (June 10, 2016). "Kevin Smith says he's making a Mallrats TV show". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Kevin Smith". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Biese, Alex (August 5, 2019). "Kevin Smith presents Clerks 3 script reading to support nonprofit theater in NJ". eu.app.com. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- "Kevin Smith to Host Live Reading of Unproduced Clerks III Script". July 15, 2019. Retrieved July 19, 2019.
- Scott, Ryan (July 21, 2019). "Clerks 3 Is Happening with New Script Says Kevin Smith". MovieWeb. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- "Kevin Smith Announces Clerks 3". comicbook.com. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Comedy AND Film : Unspooled
Others articles of the Topic Comedy : List of Aqua Teen Hunger Force guest stars, Ari Mannis, Unspooled, Snatch Game, Cletus Spuckler, Chief Wiggum, Stacy Herbert
Others articles of the Topic Film : Akshay Kumar, Glen Meadows, Jodie Foster, Ahmed Ziad, Sadak 2, Satyajit Ray, Carl Marino
This article "Clerks III" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Clerks III. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.