Untitled Seth Rogen film
|Untitled Seth Rogen film|
|Directed by||Brandon Trost|
|Written by||Simon Rich|
Point Grey Pictures
The untitled Seth Rogen film is an upcoming American comedy film directed by Brandon Trost and starring Seth Rogen.
The film follows "Herschel Greenbaum, a struggling laborer who immigrates to America in 1918 with dreams of building a better life for his beloved family. One day, while working at his factory job, he falls into a vat of pickles and is brined for 100 years. The brine preserves him perfectly and when he emerges in present day Brooklyn, he finds that he hasn’t aged a day. But when he seeks out his family, he is horrified to learn that his only surviving relative is his great grandson, Ben Greenbaum, a mild-mannered computer coder whom Herschel can’t even begin to understand."
- Seth Rogen as Herschel Greenbaum / Ben Greenbaum
- Maya Erskine
- Sarah Snook
- Eliot Glazer
- Kalen Allen
- Molly Evensen
- Kevin O’Rourke
On May 29, 2013, it was announced that Sony Pictures had acquired the screen rights to the short story Sell Out by writer Simon Rich. Producers were set to consist of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and James Weaver, while Rich was expected to serve as an executive producer. Production companies involved with the film were slated to include Point Grey Pictures.
On September 27, 2018, it was announced that Brandon Trost was attached to direct the film, that Rich would write the screenplay, and that additional producers now included the Alexandria McAtee.
Alongside the directing announcement, it was confirmed that the film would star Seth Rogen. On November 26, 2018, it was announced that Maya Erskine, Sarah Snook, Eliot Glazer, Kalen Allen, Molly Evensen, and Kevin O’Rourke had joined the cast of the film.
- Kroll, Justin (September 27, 2018). "Seth Rogen Sets Next Movie at Sony (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Sneider, Jeff (May 29, 2013). "Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg to 'Sell Out' for Sony (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Vlessing, Etan (September 27, 2018). "Seth Rogen to Star in Untitled 'Pickle' Comedy for Sony". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (November 26, 2018). "Seth Rogen's Pickled Comedy Rounds Out Cast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Eberson, Sharon (October 25, 2018). "Lights! Camera! Pickles!: What's filming in Pittsburgh this fall". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Trost, Brandon [@B_TRO] (December 22, 2018). "That's a wrap! What a wild ride and such a special film. So excited to finish this thing. Pittsburgh rules!" (Tweet). Archived from the original on December 30, 2018. Retrieved December 30, 2018 – via Twitter.
This article "Untitled Seth Rogen film" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Untitled Seth Rogen film. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.