Combat Zone (studio)
|File:Combat Zone logo.jpg|
|Founded 📆||January 2006|
|Founder 👔||Dion Giarrusso|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
21700 Nordhoff St, Chatsworth, California,
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Pornographic films|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Combat Zone is a pornographic film production company headquartered in Chatsworth, California.
Combat Zone was founded in January 2006 by the industry veteran director and producer Dion Giarrusso. The company specializes in gonzo pornography featuring actresses that are new to the industry. It has however also worked with established performers. By 2008 it was producing four new titles a month.
In January 2008, Combat Zone partnered with Third World Media and hired veteran industry sales manager John Florian. Florian began in the adult video sales market working for Sin City Films, Homegrown Video and Private.
Rebekah Nazarian and Dion Giarrusso of Combat Zone are featured on MTV's True Life "I'm In The Sex Industry" first air date 2/27/2008 and still re-running. The episode is currently available for online viewing at MTV.com.
Directors who have worked for the company include: Melissa Lauren, Joachim Kessef, Mike Metropolis, Zak Wylde, Robbie Fischer, G-Man, Mark Wood, Ed Hunter, and Juan Cuba. Rather than letting individual directors own their content as he had done in the past, Giarrusso owns all of the company's content. The company acts as a distributor for Filly Films, a pornographic film production company located in Chatsworth, California producing only lesbian sex movies. According to a Google search Filly Films' map listing has been closed down.
- 2009 Urban X Awards: Best Release, Orgy/Gangbang: Nightmare On Black Street
- "Giarrusso's Combat Zone Opens Monday". XBIZ. 2006-01-28. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- XBIZ.com (2006-01-04). "Giarrusso Launches Combat Zone". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- Steve Javors (2008-03-04). "NS Cash Launches Combat Zone's Official Site". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- Eddie Adams (2008-01-05). "John Florian Named Sales Manager For Third World, Combat Zone". AVN. Archived from the original on 2010-02-21. Retrieved 2010-03-31. Unknown parameter
- Joanne Cachapero (2008-01-05). "Third World, Combat Zone Bring On John Florian". XBIZ. Archived from the original on 2012-08-26. Retrieved 2010-03-31. Unknown parameter
- ZeBek Garbage (2009-08-30). "iScreamGarbage.com Zine". iScreamGarbage. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- MTV.com (2008-02-27). "True Life: I'm In The Sex Industry". MTV.com. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- Steve Javors (2006-09-19). "FameDollars Picks Up Combat Zone". XBIZ. Archived from the original on 2009-06-08. Retrieved 2009-04-02. Unknown parameter
- "Adult Video Director Juan Cuba". adultfilmdatabase.com. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- business.avn.com (2011-06-13). "Lesbian Friendly Filly Films First Release Streets Today". Business Video News. AVN. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- Tod Hunter (2010-03-29). "Urban X Awards WInners Announced". XBIZ. Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2010-03-29. Unknown parameter
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Combat Zone on IMDb
- Combat Zone at the Internet Adult Film Database
This article "Combat Zone (studio)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Combat Zone (studio). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.