|Directed by||Shadab Ahmad|
|Produced by||Monis Khan
Shadab AhmadShahzeb Azad
|Written by||Shadab Ahmad|
Pooja GuptaMonis Khan
|Music by||Raja Hasan|
|Edited by||Prakash Jha|
|09 April 2021|
Search Consequence Karma on Amazon.
Consequence Karma is a 2021 Hindi-language Bollywood drama-thriller feature length film written & directed by Shadab Ahmad who also produced the film along with actor/producer Monis Khan & producer Shahzeb Azad.:
The film is starring Sidharth Bhardwaj, Monis Khan, Pooja Gupta and Pragya Singh Rawat. The cinematography work was handled by Dharmendra Yadav and Raja Hasan provided the background music for the film. The film shows a unique take on the Indian Mythology, particularly on a famous mythological character from the Indian Epic Ramayana.
During the Pandemic Lockdown of year 2020 in Greater Noida Uttar Pradesh, an art lecturer & painting enthusiast Kusum is struggling to conduct the Pooja on Rama-Navami.
Several individuals refuse to attend the holy ceremony and Kusum gets unfortunate news; her priest gets Corona-positive.
Being a true believer of Lord Vishnu, Kusum is certain that her five-year pledge of pooja will soon be fruitful and she will reconcile with her husband who had left her a few years back.
The year 2020 being the last year to complete her long pledge, Kusum expresses to herself that such obstacles should not affect her rigorous faith and leaves the house to seek another priest. With extensive efforts, Kusum encounters a peculiar Pandit who agrees to conduct the pooja but places his own conditions too.
Only four individuals join the afternoon gathering: Urvashi, a woman whose main interest is her own gratification; Jyoti, an arrogant and hardcore atheist; Karan, a kid with not much interest in religious ceremonies and Sahil, a drug addict who will do anything for his urge of drugs.
By the time the Pooja finishes, the true nature of everyone in the house is revealed. The Pandit resolves the mayhem and all the attendees get the consequence of their Karma according to Garuda Purana.
Then the Pandit reveals that he is the avatar of Vijaya, a mythological character who was incarnated as Kumbhkarna, in the epic Ramayana. Kusum embraces the true-self of Pandit with serenity and asks if he has paid this sacred visit to bring her husband back. There is a twist in the climax of the film.
|Pandit Ji||Sidharth Bhardwaj|
|Panditji Rajan Kumar Pandey (voice)||Rahul Kumar Ranjan|
|Rocky Dealer||Virak Bhaakhdi|
|Urvashi's Boyfriend||Abhishek Singh Chauhan|
The pre-production of the film started in July 2020 in India. Soon the shooting was finished in Noida & Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh. The post-production work was completed in Mumbai in the beginning of January 2021.
The trailer of the film was launched on 31st of March 2021.
- Famous film critic Komal Nahta appreciated the film quoting "an interesting and well-written film about Karma" in his tweet along with the poster of the film in his tweet about the film.
- Scribblr.in wrote "A dark tale that grabs your attention with unexpected twists and turns" in their film review on their website.
- ''Writer-director gave the audience strong and admirable characters amalgamated in an interesting story and the best thing is that you are still thinking about it even hours after watching the film'' quoted Cinemapluz in their review article.
- "Monis Khan creates a Mytho-thriller Drama and marks a step into Bollywood". www.mid-day.com. 2021-04-06. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- "Sidharth Bhardwaj: Movies, TV, and Bio". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2021-05-27.
- "Monis Khan: It's just the beginning, I want to be a complete package". Hindustan Times. 2021-04-15. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- IWMBuzz, Author (2021-04-02). "Monis Khan sets foot in Bollywood with the rightly named, Consequence Karma". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- "Monis Khan, A Talented Actor who bagged his second feature film with Siddharth bhardwaj – Popdiaries". popdiaries.com. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- "विश्वासघात, प्रतिशोध, पति और कर्म का बेजोड़ मेल है ड्रामा थ्रिलर 'कॉन्सिक्वेन्स कर्मा". Dtv Bharat. 2021-04-07. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- Release Announcement, Postman News. "Consequence: Karma is set to release next week on various leading OTT platforms – Postman News". Retrieved 2021-04-28. Unknown parameter
- Trailer Release announcement, Popdiaries.com (2021-03-30). "Mytho-mixed modern drama-thriller tale Consequence: Karma Trailer To Release Tomorrow". PopDiaries. Retrieved 2021-04-29. Unknown parameter
- IWMBuzz, Author (2021-04-06). "Shahzeb Azad's Consequence Karma set to release on leading OTT platforms". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- Released article, The News 21. "Consequence karma now streaming on MX Player, Hungama Play, Airtel xstream and other leading OTT Platforms - The News 21 - Latest News, Breaking News, Today's Headlines & more". Retrieved 2021-04-28. Unknown parameter
- पूनियां, तेजस (2021-05-07). "अतृप्ति के कगार पर छोड़ती 'कोंसिक्वेंस कर्मा'". सबलोग. Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- Dua, Deepak; Writer, Film Critic-Travel. "रिव्यू-जैसे 'कर्मा' करेगा बंदे..." Retrieved 2021-05-29.
- Praising Consequence Karma in his Tweet with Poster, Komal Nahta (2021-01-31). "Komal Nahta tweeted about Consequence Karma along with the film Poster". Twitter. Retrieved 2021-04-28. Unknown parameter
- Review Article, Scribblr.in (2021-04-10). "Consequence Karma Movie Review: A dark tale that grabs your attention with unexpected twists and turns". The Scrbblr. Retrieved 2021-04-28. Unknown parameter
- Review Article, Cinemapluz.com (2021-04-11). "Monis Khan enters strong in Bollywood with mythological thriller Consequence Drama!". CInemapluz. Retrieved 2021-04-29. Unknown parameter
- Consequence Karma at IMDb
This article "Consequence Karma" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Consequence Karma. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.