|Candidate for 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial election|
|Born||March 1, 1980|
Belleville, Illinois, U.S.
Constance Gadell-Newton is an American attorney and social justice activist. She is past co-chair of the Ohio Green Party, and is a candidate for Governor of Ohio in 2018.
Constance A Gadell-Newton was born on March 1, 1980 in Belleville, Illinois but has lived in Ohio since the age of 4. She was raised by her mother, a nurse, and step-father, a middle-school teacher.
Gadell-Newton graduated from Bishop Watterson High School, in Columbus, Ohio in 1998, then graduated with honors from the Ohio State University with a B.A. in Philosophy and Women's Studies in 2002. Gadell-Newton studied Criminal Law at Pennsylvania State University and earned her J.D. from the Dickinson School of Law in 2008.
Gadell-Newton was admitted to the Ohio Bar in October 2009. She began her career by prosecuting war criminals at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague. Gadell-Newton currently is the co-chair of the Ohio Green Party and practices criminal defense and juvenile law as managing partner of the Fitrakis & Gadell-Newton LLC law firm in Columbus.
In January 2018, Gaddal-Newton was witness to the fatal shooting of 16-year-old Joseph Haynes at a Juvenile Court in Columbus, Ohio. Gadall-Newton filmed the aftermath of the incident and called for the disarming of deputies at juvenile courts.
In 2016, Gadell-Newton was the Green Party’s candidate for the Ohio House of Representatives District 18. Gadell-Newton ran against Democratic incumbent Kristin Boggs and Republican David Todd and lost.
- "Gadell-Newton is the anti-establishment candidate running for State Representative 18th District". The Columbus Freepress. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Ludlow, Randy. "Columbus lawyer, trapeze performer will run for governor as Green Party candidate". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Stein: "This Is A Breakthrough Moment for Greens Everywhere"". IVN.us. 2017-07-28. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Koralewski, Don. "Six Democrats in primary for governor". Bryan Times. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Ingles, Jo. "Constance Gadell-Newton Running For Ohio Governor As Green Party Candidate". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Witness to courtroom shooting describes chaotic scene". Joe Clark. WCMH-TV. 19 January 2018.
- "Defense attorney captures courthouse shooting on cell phone, wants guns removed from court". Lisa Rantala. abc6. 22 January 2018.
- "Interview: Constance Gadell-Newton, Green Party Candidate for Ohio House District 18". Columbus Underground. 23 September 2016.
- Smyth, Julie Carr (4 July 2017). "A Look at How Ohio's 2018 Statewide Elections Are Shaping Up". U.S. News.
- Hickey, Julie. "In Ohio Governor's Race, a Green Party Candidate Emerges to Challenge Democrats: Op-Ed". Cleveland Scene. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Radio, Ohio Public. "Green Party Candidate Officially Enters Ohio Gubernatorial Race". Retrieved 2018-05-18.
This article "Constance Gadell-Newton" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Constance Gadell-Newton. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.