Ethan Nestor (CrankGameplays) during his panel at PAX West, 2018.
|Born||Ethan Mark Nestor-Darling|
October 24, 1996
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
(Jan 19, 2020)
(Jan 19, 2020)
|Updated Jan 19, 2020|
Nestor first began uploading to YouTube in August of 2012, at age 15. In 2016, Mark Fischbach (Markiplier) hired Nestor to be his video editor. He soon began to appear in some of Fischbach's videos, and would become an integral part of his 2017–18 comedy tour, the "You're Welcome" world tour. In late 2018, Nestor quit the video editor position to focus more on his own channel. However, they continued to collaborate on occasional videos on both Markiplier and CrankGameplays' channels, and Nestor appeared in A Heist With Markiplier, Fischbach's YouTube Original project which released in October 2019.
On November 15, 2019, Nestor and Fischbach launched Unus Annus, a year-long collaboration channel where they plan to upload a video each day, with the intent of deleting it all at the end of the year.
Nestor has done fundraisers with a number of charities. In May 2019, he was one of a few featured celebrities who helped raise money at Red Nose Day's first "Red Nose Bowl." Tiltify (the top charity fundraising platform for content creators) recognized Nestor as #29 on their list of top fundraisers for 2019, noting that nearly 18,000 had helped fundraise on the platform during that time period.
In January 2020, Nestor headed the "Karaoke for Koalas" campaign, raising money for WWF Australia's relief efforts for the 2020 bushfires. Over a 10-hour livestream, Nestor and about a dozen guests sang karaoke and chatted with the online audience. The campaign hashtag went trending on Twitter in several locations during that time. $77,726.14 AUD/$53,426.60 USD was raised, and Nestor reported that the additional sales of merchandise (t-shirts and hoodies) raised the total to over $66,000 USD.
- "Ethan Nestor". Spotify. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
- Tiltify (2019-12-23). "A look back at 2019". Medium. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- "Markiplier Announced A Freakin' World Tour And Fans Are Losing It". We The Unicorns. Archived from the original on July 16, 2019. Unknown parameter
- "Taking YouTube Fun on the Road: An Interview with Markiplier's 'You're Welcome Tour'". Bleeding Cool News And Rumors. 2018-01-19. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
- "How To Make A 'Heist': Markiplier's Interactive Special Is A Whole New Kind Of Content For YouTube". Tubefilter. 2019-11-29. Retrieved 2019-12-24. Unknown parameter
- "Markiplier And Ethan Nestor's New Self-Destructing Vlog Project Nets Nearly 1M Subscribers In 3 Days". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2019-12-23. Unknown parameter
- "Donate for Your Very Own Duet with Jack Black, Retta, and More". Red Nose Day USA. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
- "Karaoke For Koalas - CrankGameplays Charity Event". Twitch.tv. 2020-01-17. Retrieved 2020-01-18. Unknown parameter
- "Karaoke for Koalas". Tiltify. Retrieved 2020-01-18. Unknown parameter
- ""KaraokeForKoalas" 37 Trend record | Twitter Trends Archive". TrendoGate. Retrieved 2020-01-19. Unknown parameter
- Nestor, Ethan (2020-01-18). "I can't explain how proud of I am of this community. Yesterday we raised over $66,000 for Australia in just 10 hours. Thank you all so much for showing up and absolutely destroying the goal!!! Like always, absolutely none of this would've been possible without you". @CrankGameplays. Retrieved 2020-01-19. Unknown parameter
This article "CrankGameplays" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CrankGameplays. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.